• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PLAYOFF GDT: Series 4 / Game 5: @ Tampa Bay, Wednesday, July 7th, 8:00EST (TB Leads 3-1)

In the post game presser, Price said the difference was that he didn’t play well enough early in the series; Shea quickly stepped in and said that Tampa was the better team and the Habs didn’t play well enough in front of Price

In the post game presser, Price said the difference was that he didn’t play well enough early in the series; Shea quickly stepped in and said that Tampa was the better team and the Habs didn’t play well enough in front of Price
Habs scored 1G each game, he was what supposed to pitch a shutout every game?

Reactions: CH1
Habs GM will have min $10M to play w (Tatar + Alzner cap relief + expansion draft) potentially more if Armia also walks, and a key $5.5M wildcard in Drouin

tampa is unbelievable— they make winning 1-0 super easy
The margins were much too small for us to overcome.

We needed everything - and I do mean everything - to go right for us and so much from Tampa Bay to go wrong.

It's part of the next text I'm writing. The margins for us winning were always so small and we somehow made it work against Toronto & Las Vegas.

Reactions: CH1
Their contracts will prevent them.

I don't think Weber plays past next season because he's making $3M and the final two seasons will be at $1M.

Ah yes, true dat. I still think Petry has a few good years in him for that money.

Ah yes, true dat. I still think Petry has a few good years in him for that money.
It's not that he's a bad player, it just that, there aren't many teams who are going to acquire Petry, let alone many of the top-end teams.

If we were to trade him tomorrow, the team acquiring him would need $6.25M in capspace to fit him in + the next few years, and they'd need to give up a pick(s) and/or a prospect(s) to get him.

I'm not sure there's going to be many legitimate teams lining up to get a Jeff Petry, those teams already have their own Jeff Petry equivalent and aren't looking for more high-priced talent, they're looking for players they can get on the cheap.

However, if the Habs were willing to absorb half of Petry's salary, now we're talking...

Weber might get a Lecavalier type deal after next year, agree to play on a contender for one last chance but promise to retire the next year.

DD confirmed Toffoli was hurt (groin injury). He’s always slow but he hasn’t looked right for weeks.

Gallagher also had a groin injury and more, according to DD

Back