• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs 2022

I think the Carolina - Bawstun & the St. Louis - Minny series are easily the two best series in the first round. Those should be the most balance & fun to watch.

Toronto - Tampa Bay looks like it'll be fun... on paper. I think it's going to be a pretty one-sided beating, though.
I'd be really surprised if it's one sided. I think Vasilevsky and rhe stronger D makes the difference in the end, but c'mon Leafs won't be a cakewalk.

I didn't like all the hype about them at the beginning of the year...and right to the end really. The pundits still thought they were going to make the playoffs with a few games to go. They had not shown much fortitude against the Habs in the playoffs, so I couldn't see the hype. I was much wiser. I went ahead and picked the Islanders to win the Cup.
Vegas reminds me of Nashville a few years back: the flavor of the month team that goes to the finals one year and then regresses. Eliminated in the semis the following year, then the quarters the year after that, etc.

I think too that a lot of pundits just wanted teams like Nashville and Vegas in the postseason because they like to party in those cities and want an excuse to take a "business" trip there. None of them are killing each other trying to be assigned to cover the Wild or the Canes.

Florida > Washington in 5
Tampa Bay > Toronto in 6
Pittsburgh > New Yorki n 7
Carolina > Boston in 5 (can they both lose?)

Colorado > Nashville in 4
Calgary > Dallas in 6
Edmonton > LA in 6
St. Louis > Minny in 6

Vegas reminds me of Nashville a few years back: the flavor of the month team that goes to the finals one year and then regresses. Eliminated in the semis the following year, then the quarters the year after that, etc.

I think too that a lot of pundits just wanted teams like Nashville and Vegas in the postseason because they like to party in those cities and want an excuse to take a "business" trip there. None of them are killing each other trying to be assigned to cover the Wild or the Canes.
Yup , the Nashville comp is spot on

Vegas still needs to shed salary and have aging vets in decline

They will be rebuilding soon and have zilch in the funnel

Florida > Washington in 5
Tampa Bay > Toronto in 6
Pittsburgh > New Yorki n 7
Carolina > Boston in 6

Colorado > Nashville in 5
Calgary > Dallas in 5
Edmonton > LA in 6
St. Louis > Minny in 7

Unbelievable if they do again. Especially if they blow a series lead.

It gets worse if their top players underperform again

Losing to the 2 time champs is one thing but you cant have their core failing expectations 6 straight years

Back