• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs 2022

Ah, no delicious Leafs fans tears tonight. Boring.
For the Leafs to blow it they first must establish something to blow. 3 of the 4 games tonight were lopsided and I'm sure Leafa fan is already planning the parade. Good. It will make their eventual failure that much more crushing.

For the Leafs to blow it they first must establish something to blow. 3 of the 4 games tonight were lopsided and I'm sure Leafa fan is already planning the parade. Good. It will make their eventual failure that much more crushing.
Bolts come back to win four in a row to take the series in seven😜

He is part of the problem , rest of the team isnt consistent as well
sure - but yesterday the goalies were the difference - quick made big saves and smith not only did not make any big saves he sucked - even before the puck up the middle thing

He is part of the problem , rest of the team isnt consistent as well

You can't win in the playoffs without a clutch goalie. Easily 2 weak goals by Smith vs 2-3 highlight reels by Quick. That's like a 5 goals differential in goaltending quality.

Every year he screws them up. Not sure why they never learn.
Because they hire friends, has-beens and Hockey Canada colleagues.

For all the grief I've given The Charlatan, he would have done something with that Oilers roster if he had his mitts on McDavid & Draisaitl. Lowe, McTavish, Chiarelli & Holland, though? (And whoever else I missed?) Class A incompetence.

Last edited:
You can't win in the playoffs without a clutch goalie. Easily 2 weak goals by Smith vs 2-3 highlight reels by Quick. That's like a 5 goals differential in goaltending quality.
sure , but Oils and others have plenty of passengers not producing

Its like blaming Campbell for a few softies last year , when Marner and Mathews choked .

Oils had chances to clear the puck on one play

sure , but Oils and others have plenty of passengers not producing

Its like blaming Campbell for a few softies last year , when Marner and Mathews choked .

Oils had chances to clear the puck on one play

McDavid and Draisatl scored. How do you defend making a pass in front of your net, from behind your own net, when you're the goalie?

the play lasted what 20 seconds , sloppy team D to clear the zone

giphy.gif

the play lasted what 20 seconds , sloppy team D to clear the zone

The play lasted 8 seconds and the Oilers never got possession of the puck after that turnover. Not a great backcheck by #16 who could have covered the point shot though but still.

Oilers are clearly a much more skilled team, Kings are clearly a much more meat & potatoes, grind the game away team.

Difference in the Kings-Oilers game: One team had a goalie that gave the game away, while the opposing one made key saves.

Back