• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs 2022

That's the type of hit someone takes that makes 'em say fuck this, fuck everything, I'm out.

So much for that short-lived Tampa's tired/burned out narrative.
Only fools would fall for that. That being said, they look vulnerable this year. They’re usually at their most vulnerable in the first round too.

Only fools would fall for that. That being said, they look vulnerable this year. They’re usually at their most vulnerable in the first round too.
yep, I am not feeling it for Tampa this year. They almost blew their lead tonight. Carolina looks like the sharpest team in the East.

Could they lose, sure. I mean, they're not invincible. They went 7 with the NYI last year, went 7 against Philly the year before. They could have been a bounce away from being eliminated beforehand in both playoffs.

Do they look as good as previous years? Nope, but that's kind of normal. They lost players in both years and had to replace them with minimum wage NHL vets like Pierre-Edouard Bellemare or young players.

It also helps that Mitch Marner found his balls and is actually playing. Makes it a much more competitive series.

I can't believe that Dustin Brown and Jonathan Quick are gonna actually play through all their respective contracts....I never would have imagined that both would make it to the end of their contracts (Brown this year, Quick next season).

The Quick contract, maybe a little. But Brown was still making $4M this year.

The one that really surprised me was Jeff Carter. He was one of the first ones to get those front loaded, with empty-ish years at the end. And now he signed a two year extension with Pittsburgh.

yep, I am not feeling it for Tampa this year. They almost blew their lead tonight. Carolina looks like the sharpest team in the East.
Depends if they need to depend on their 3rd string goalie for the rest of the series (Kochetkov) - will the kid feel the heat & will the veteran Bruins team figure him out quick?

Look no further than Habs being up 2-0 in 2006 vs Canes and all of a sudden series changed when Ward replaced Gerber baby food…

but the bruins might take out all of their goalies

pasta should be suspended for the playoffs for that shit

Depends if they need to depend on their 3rd string goalie for the rest of the series (Kochetkov) - will the kid feel the heat & will the veteran Bruins team figure him out quick?

Look no further than Habs being up 2-0 in 2006 vs Canes and all of a sudden series changed when Ward replaced Gerber baby food…
Fred has the ability to lose 4 straight , get in there

I have to say, based on the early parts of these playoffs, it would be an absolute travesty if Colorado didn't make it to the finals. What a fucking pleasure they are to watch.

And a Carolina-Colorado finals? God damn, that would be so fun.

I have to say, based on the early parts of these playoffs, it would be an absolute travesty if Colorado didn't make it to the finals. What a fucking pleasure they are to watch.

And a Carolina-Colorado finals? God damn, that would be so fun.
makar is ridiculous

to me it is him or mcdavid as the best player to watch

It's still McDavid to me, but Makar's so ridiculously good. And he's on such a great team-friendly contract too.

It's still McDavid to me, but Makar's so ridiculously good. And he's on such a great team-friendly contract too.

CMD is the GOAT start to finish stride I have ever seen

Agility , balance , top gear .....fucken ridiculous

but the bruins might take out all of their goalies

pasta should be suspended for the playoffs for that shit
I just wanted the 5 and Game.. No extra suspensions or the like. But Refs going to ref... God I wish that saying these refs are the finest the NHL had to offer was a lie.. because you know they are abjectly terrible... But it probably is true they are the best they have.

The refs aren't always at fault. It's the way they're being told to call penalties that is the problem.

I've been going on about this for over a decade here, but I have always preferred international refs than the ones in the NHL. Not because they're better, but because they're strict and I know what a penalty is at all times.

In the NHL, though...

Back