• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs 2022

Reason #1,867,483 why Leafs are the benchmark of futility …talk about not owning up

I addressed this on the Leafs board but of course they don't want to address the culture issue because that leads inevitably to breaking up their core, which they don't have the guts to even contemplate doing.

Reason #1,867,483 why Leafs are the benchmark of futility …talk about not owning up

All the apologists are out in full force: even Sports Net is making excuses like "well, there is no shame in losing to the two time defending champs" , or "well the Washington Capitals had several playoff failures before finding their groove", etc. Yes, totally ignore the fact that they have not won a round since 2004 and are 0-10 in elimination games since 2017, including back-toback Game 7s at home with essentially the same core

Last edited:
All the apologists are out in full force: even Sports Net is making excuses like "well, there is no shame in losing to the two time defending champs" , or "well the Washington Capitals had several playoff failures before finding their groove", etc. Yes, totally ignore the fact that they have not won a round since 2004 and are 0-10 in elimination games since 2017, including two Game 7s at home with essentially the same core
Reality bites.

All the apologists are out in full force: even Sports Net is making excuses like "well, there is no shame in losing to the two time defending champs" , or "well the Washington Capitals had several playoff failures before finding their groove", etc. Yes, totally ignore the fact that they have not won a round since 2004 and are 0-10 in elimination games since 2017, including back-toback Game 7s at home with essentially the same core

I doubt anyone is forgetting that. Let them rationalize their loss, it’s part of the coping process.

What can their GM do more now ? They have all their top players signed. Do they trade Tavares or Marner for a top dmen ?

Back