• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs 2022

I don't know if Malkin's playing hurt, or if all those knee injuries have caught up with him, but he looked slow as shit throughout that series.

Which is crazy to say with 6 game 7s but I agree. Last 3 games of Toronto-TB were great though.
Yup, but too many blowouts. If I know who's already going to win the game by the end of the first period, I'm out.

The Carolina-Bawstun series had some really fun moments, but most of the games were decided early. Bawstun made game 7 a 1 goal game with 20 seconds left, but it was a one-sided game.

So how much does Calgary losing in the first round improve the first round pick the Habs get from them?
Depends how many teams behind them makes it to the final 4.

Best case scenario is St Louis beats Colorado, Bolts beat the Panthers and Rangers beat Carolina, it would move up to 24th I think.

I wondered at the beginning of the year if Jarry was the guy to go to in net for the Pens. I'm surprised they didn't try to upgrade the position over the last couple of years. In the end,injury or no injury, I believe not doing so cost them. They still had a chance for one more run. They may have overrated their man. Goaltending was the difference tonight, despite Shesterkin's earlier issues in the series.

So how much does Calgary losing in the first round improve the first round pick the Habs get from them?

I think the lowest the can go now is #28, highest is #25. If Colorado, Florida or Carolina go out in the next round (i.e. a lower team in standings makes the final 4, as noted by Habs25th), then the Flames start moving up in the 25-28 range because they had fewer RS points than any of those 3 teams. Since they won their division, they aren’t permitted to be in 17-24.

Back