• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs 2022

Tampa imposed their will once they got that fourth goal. Before that, it was a pretty even game with Colorado just consistently shooting themselves in the foot.

Now it appears as though the Avs had too many men on the ice for that OT winner and the guy who jumped off the bench early was, you guessed it, Kadri.

And as usual, Cooper was the only person in the building who even noticed. Nothing escapes that guy. The players missed it, the refs and linesmen missed it, 20000 Bolts fans in the arena missed it. But Cooper saw it and the cameras confirmed it.

I guess the hockey gods collected the bill from the Lightning for that Tavares disallowed goal in Round 1.

Now it appears as though the Avs had too many men on the ice for that OT winner and the guy who jumped off the bench early was, you guessed it, Kadri.

And as usual, Cooper was the only person in the building who even noticed. Nothing escapes that guy. The players missed it, the refs and linesmen missed it, 20000 Bolts fans in the arena missed it. But Cooper saw it and the cameras confirmed it.

I guess the hockey gods collected the bill from the Lightning for that Tavares disallowed goal in Round 1.
Funny enough, the bolts got to the stanley cup final last year when their only goal of game 7 against the islanders had the bolts with 6 men on the ice while they were on the PK!

I guess Karma is real.

Yup. The whole "the refs fucked us!" bit doesn't hold any water for me.

Every single fanbase, without exception, thinks the refs are against them.

And sometimes, teams do end up getting the benefit of referee help. As mentioned, that bill comes due eventually.

Also, neither team should say a damn thing about yesterday's refereeing. Both teams got away with murder. Kadri was tripped by Ryan McDonagh right in the slot, with nobody around him, with the ref right next to 'em and there was no call.

Yup. The whole "the refs fucked us!" bit doesn't hold any water for me.

Every single fanbase, without exception, thinks the refs are against them.

And sometimes, teams do end up getting the benefit of referee help. As mentioned, that bill comes due eventually.

Also, neither team should say a damn thing about yesterday's refereeing. Both teams got away with murder. Kadri was tripped by Ryan McDonagh right in the slot, with nobody around him, with the ref right next to 'em and there was no call.
In the waning minutes of the third period, an Avs player behind the Bolts' net was drilled from behind, right on the numbers and while he was on his knees, face first into the dasher board. No call and because it was an Avs player getting run there was little to no crowd reaction. A shift or two later at the other end of the ice, a Tampa player got nailed with a crosscheck across the numbers and face planted into the glass. The crowd lost their minds. In neither case was a penalty called because refs aren't there to call the rule book, they're there to manage outcomes.

In the waning minutes of the third period, an Avs player behind the Bolts' net was drilled from behind, right on the numbers and while he was on his knees, face first into the dasher board. No call and because it was an Avs player getting run there was little to no crowd reaction. A shift or two later at the other end of the ice, a Tampa player got nailed with a crosscheck across the numbers and face planted into the glass. The crowd lost their minds. In neither case was a penalty called because refs aren't there to call the rule book, they're there to manage outcomes.
Yup. Both teams got away with murder in that third period, which is one of the most maddening things about the NHL and one of the reasons I have always preferred IIHF referees over the NHL ones.

If Game 7 of the 1979 semi-final were being played today, the Bruins don't get called for too many men, Lafleur doesn't score the tying goal and the Bruins go on to beat the Rangers and win the Cup.

If Game 7 of the 1979 semi-final were being played today, the Bruins don't get called for too many men, Lafleur doesn't score the tying goal and the Bruins go on to beat the Rangers and win the Cup.
It was the same thing back then, listen to it, the refs didn’t want to call it but it lasted over 20 seconds, he had no choice.

Reactions: CH1
What I've found so interesting in this series is, Colorado's still playing their game, but they've finally adopted that grimy playoff style of hockey that is required to win.

Back