• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs 2022

Kind of reminds me of the New Jersey/Detroit final in 95. Wings were the offensive team and favourites.

As did New Jersey beat Detroit, I think Tampa will beat Colorado. 5 games.
Yup - TBay has proven they can shut a game down, and grind it out… Avs are not built to play any other style & will struggle

Those third/fourth liners on Tampa have no hands but when you have Stamkos/Kucherov not a huge issue I guess. They certainly contributed in other ways. Nick Paul has been huge; not sold on Hagel pickup or the player.
Bagel will play a key role next year

I think you are under estimating the Avs defensive game, they did shut down the top two point getters of the playoffs ..
Yes, it may be that the Tampa run is over and it will be more like Edmonton ending the Islanders reign in 84, with the Avalanche emerging. Makar etc. could be just too much for Tampa to handle. Avalanche with more secondary scoring. That is one way the series could go.

I'm still picking that it will go the other way though, with Tampa emerging as did the Islanders over Edmonton the previous year in 83.

Either way, since I don't really care who wins, I'm hoping for good hockey and a less one sided series than many that we've had this decade. It seems that many years when we get to the finals, one team has clearly risen above the other.

Burakovsky with the OT winner.

God, I wish I had more belief in Colorado's defense and goaltending.

Reactions: CH1
The secondary scoring advantage of Colorado outweighed Tampa's advantage in net last night. Some of those secondary Tampa forwards are not very good offensively, so their role is to slow things down, plug it up, which in turn makes them a huge factor. They have managed to do that in other series.

Burakovsky with the OT winner.

God, I wish I had more belief in Colorado's defense and goaltending.
Considering that the game only got to overtime because Colorado's defense and goaltending couldn't hold a 2 goal lead you have about as much belief as you're ever likely to have.

Back