• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs 2022

Hughes got raped on the Lekhonen deal, Barron is nothing special

Stop this nonsense , he had to go and team got a fair return

Habs stink and are years away from anything

By the time team improves they are in their 30`s and not worth it

He had to go , cant have another overpaid third liner on a team going nowhere

Lek, Dano, Byron, Armia, etc... is way too much money for a crappy team

He is on the right team at the right time and slotted perfectly, as the headline says on " winning teams " ....not the Habs

Wouldn’t at all surprise me if Lekhonen develops into a Jere Lehtinen type selke winger
C'mon man, that's a bit much. Lehkonen is an A+ utiliy player which is great and all but we need to be focusing on our top 6 forwards and top 4 Dmen going forward, Barron adresses that.

That was the best seller market ever this year, moving him was the right call. B+ prospect and a second rounder, you couldn't dream of this return any other year for a 3rd liner.

C'mon man, that's a bit much. Lehkonen is an A+ utiliy player which is great and all but we need to be focusing on our top 6 forwards and top 4 Dmen going forward, Barron adresses that.

That was the best seller market ever this year, moving him was the right call. B+ prospect and a second rounder, you couldn't dream of this return any other year for a 3rd liner.

Sal was on this 4rth bottle of Rose vino

Jere was Bergeron lite for over a decade , Lek is not in his league and never will be

No team was giving you more , and Lek only had a few legit suitors that needed a third line all purpose player on a contending team .

This was a solid return , I am surprised we got more than a second rounder

Hugo got an A in that deadline

I always liked Lekh (even when he was missing wide open nets) and he’s the type of player we’ll miss when we’re chasing a playoff spot (which I think is nearer than is expected). But if he was still here we finish a few points here and there higher, and we’d have to settle for Cooley or Slaf in the draft.

I always liked Lekh (even when he was missing wide open nets) and he’s the type of player we’ll miss when we’re chasing a playoff spot (which I think is nearer than is expected). But if he was still here we finish a few points here and there higher, and we’d have to settle for Cooley or Slaf in the draft.

We all like Lek if he was 22 you keep him

Sal was on this 4rth bottle of Rose vino

Jere was Bergeron lite for over a decade , Lek is not in his league and never will be

No team was giving you more , and Lek only had a few legit suitors that needed a third line all purpose player on a contending team .

This was a solid return , I am surprised we got more than a second rounder

Hugo got an A in that deadline
Waking up today was hard, knowing that the Habs were no longer the reigning Campbell Conference champs

People are getting too excited about Rob Brown v. 2.0’s exploits playing with elite players like all the time he’s on the ice.
They're really not because he did this last year too.

Lehkonen is a guy you need to win. We'll get another.

I think there's a real shot that Artturi me boy could become Lehtenen.

I mean, Lehtinen was getting Selke votes from the age of 23 all the way to the age of 36, the only years he didn't get any votes were his rookie season and his retirement season.

Meanwhile, Lehkonen at the age of 27 has really done the work to receive a total of 0 career Selke votes.

Ummmm, after further consideration, I think I'll retract that first statement.

Also, no, the Habs got excellent value for Lehkonen.

Players like Lehkonen are great, until you have to really pay them. Then they're not so great.

I was as big of a fan as you could find of Josh Gorges (a little biased because I got to know his family in Kelowna while working there), but once he got his big contract, he wasn't as before.

Barron might make it, he might not, only time will tell. Wouldn't shock me if he never made it, but there's real potential there.

Lehkonen's the type of player that teams should be giving each other high fives and celebrating. We drafted him, got him during his best years for almost no money, he gave us great service, and we traded him away right around the end of his probable prime so that some other team can overpay him.

They're really not because he did this last year too.

Lehkonen is a guy you need to win. We'll get another.

Yup , if you have the stud core to win he is the perfect complimentary piece

A 5 mil similar Gourde on Seattle has no impact

Back