• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs 2022

Rantanen just had a championship caliber shift. (And he all but guarantees my Avalanche +1.5)

And yup.

1654397526918.png

Last edited:
Players continuing to stick their sticks in each others face for no apparent reason. Lazy penalties, that could cost a team a series. . Despite win, Tampa looks like a team that has played one series too many. A lot of dumb plays, not like them. But we've seen them reverse course already a couple of times in these playoffs.

Last edited:
That whole business of sticks in the face seems to have evolved into the game over time. I played for many years, and remember getting one stick in the face. By luck, I lost no teeth or received any stitches, and we did not wear shields. I also don't recall players in the old NHL, who wore no helmets. going around constantly getting sticks in the face, though they received many inadvertant cuts of course. There seemed to be more respect for the head/face.

I suppose poking your stick in another player's face if you are losing ground on him is yet another by-product of the advent of helmets/visors. Some sort of deconditioning needs to happen. Such a needless thing. Penalties are not solving it as players are willing to risk losing a series rather than stop. .

Last edited:
Boy, does Ken Holland ever deserve credit for assembling that defense.

Boy oh boy lol

I mean, what in the fuck is that second Oilers forward doing? What are you doing leaving so much space for Rantanen?

You're off on this one. It's ok. It's late.

Lek is the perfect complimentary role player on a contending team like Gourde .

He slots in great when the rest of the boxes are checked off

Very happy for him but players like him and Dano had to go , team is 2 years away from being 2 years away

Back