• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs 2022

Also, no, the Habs got excellent value for Lehkonen.

Players like Lehkonen are great, until you have to really pay them. Then they're not so great.

I was as big of a fan as you could find of Josh Gorges (a little biased because I got to know his family in Kelowna while working there), but once he got his big contract, he wasn't as before.

Barron might make it, he might not, only time will tell. Wouldn't shock me if he never made it, but there's real potential there.

Lehkonen's the type of player that teams should be giving each other high fives and celebrating. We drafted him, got him during his best years for almost no money, he gave us great service, and we traded him away right around the end of his probable prime so that some other team can overpay him.

Excellent post

Like Rolex says , these are the guys you should have in your system then dump when its time to overpay

Also, no, the Habs got excellent value for Lehkonen.

Players like Lehkonen are great, until you have to really pay them. Then they're not so great.

I was as big of a fan as you could find of Josh Gorges (a little biased because I got to know his family in Kelowna while working there), but once he got his big contract, he wasn't as before.

Barron might make it, he might not, only time will tell. Wouldn't shock me if he never made it, but there's real potential there.

Lehkonen's the type of player that teams should be giving each other high fives and celebrating. We drafted him, got him during his best years for almost no money, he gave us great service, and we traded him away right around the end of his probable prime so that some other team can overpay him.

Guys like Lehkonen, Cirelli, Killorn, etc, are worth their cost on contender teams, even if you have to pay them, but they're a luxury. They're not as worth it on rebuilding teams.

Anybody still think that the Rangers are too fast for Tampa? They’re a fine oiled machine with a bit of luck on their side.

That was a fine game between Rangers/Tampa last night (Game 5). I much prefer that kind of intense, skilled hockey to the pond hockey variety we have been watching in the west in these playoffs. You can have your 80s hockey-I prefer the kind more closely aligned to the stuff I grew up on before that.

Some of us, including me, noted how bad Sergachev was earlier in the playoffs. However, his game has improved greatly in this round I think.

Palat has to be one of the best 7th round picks ever.
When I watched him on those Drummondville teams that had Couturier & Gabriel Dumont on them, I never in my wildest dreams would have imagined he'd turn into the player he is today. He looked like a dime a dozen, probably headed to the Euroleague type of players.

Those third/fourth liners on Tampa have no hands but when you have Stamkos/Kucherov not a huge issue I guess. They certainly contributed in other ways. Nick Paul has been huge; not sold on Hagel pickup or the player.

Last edited:
Back