• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

Hmmm…no….PLD side leaking info about wanting to play in MTL…not wanting to play elsewhere…other teams will need to up the offers/contract promises to make it happen

MTL being used as leverage…PLD won’t end up here
Really stretching here bud.

He's just like any of us think we'd be in this situation. Habs or nowhere else.

Brisson is Killing the trade market for anyone other than the Habs, trying to force Cheveldayoff's hand.

I hope we get him, best scenario would be as an UFA in 2 years. I imagine Cheveldayoff isn't that dumb, he can get a really good price right now. I'd imagine something like Dvorak, FLA's first and Harris/Mailloux.

Really stretching here bud.

He's just like any of us think we'd be in this situation. Habs or nowhere else.

Brisson is Killing the trade market for anyone other than the Habs, trying to force Cheveldayoff's hand.

I hope we get him, best scenario would be as an UFA in 2 years. I imagine Cheveldayoff isn't that dumb, he can get a really good price right now. I'd imagine something like Dvorak, FLA's first and Harris/Mailloux.
I don't move either of those D in a trade that Winnipeg has to make.

I don't move either of those D in a trade that Winnipeg has to make.
Well you have to give him something nonetheless. He still has a year and a half to make the deal, he won't give him away.

It's really not that high a price, with Guhle and the remaining one of those 2, the 3rd LHD prospect in that age group becomes a bit redundant.

The Jets are in a bit of a bind here. I mean, I get the market dynamics - but do they really want this guy in the room? It has got to be toxic.

And I gotta say, this raises alarm bells IMO. I agree with Krusty, this guy comes across as an entitled head case. Maybe he’ll be happy in Montreal and just focus on playing, but it seems to me that would be a first for this kid.

The Jets are in a bit of a bind here. I mean, I get the market dynamics - but do they really want this guy in the room? It has got to be toxic.

And I gotta say, this raises alarm bells IMO. I agree with Krusty, this guy comes across as an entitled head case. Maybe he’ll be happy in Montreal and just focus on playing, but it seems to me that would be a first for this kid.
I would argue MSL is the most important individual in this org at present - Dach will be his litmus test of course in “developing & coaching”.

If what HuGo are expecting in terms of a game changer manifests PLD could be a recipient of significant upwards progression from MSLs “concept”

Heard on XM radio earlier that its believed there's an offer of Dvorak, Barron and a high pick not next year on the table for PLD.

Speculation of course

Heard on XM radio earlier that its believed there's an offer of Dvorak, Barron and a high pick not next year on the table for PLD.

Speculation of course
So yeah pretty much what I was saying, although I wouldn't trade our only RHD legit prospect.

So yeah pretty much what I was saying, although I wouldn't trade our only RHD legit prospect.
I would say that depends on the pick for me. If it's a third I'm ok with it, if it's a first I'm less ok with it.

Speculation of course
Sounds plausible although if I was the jets, I’d ask for Anderson instead of baron ans maybe ask for a 1st next year but habs would only trade the FLA one.

liked what I saw from baron although it was a very small sample. Looked to be a great skated and could become a great puck moving D?

but man, getting PLD would be sweet. I mean, big, fast and got like 28 goals and 60pts last year on what some said wasn’t his best season and he is 24? That better stats than Suzuki. We’d be set for a while at center for sure.

Sounds plausible although if I was the jets, I’d ask for Anderson instead of baron ans maybe ask for a 1st next year but habs would only trade the FLA one.

liked what I saw from baron although it was a very small sample. Looked to be a great skated and could become a great puck moving D?
I would ask for Anderson too; he's a hard one to gauge, all the tools for greatness but gets a hangnail and he needs triage.

For PLD I move Anderson but only with Dvorak. Nothing else. Fixes the cap crunch too. Winnipeg doesn't go for it though because this is basically the end result of Laine.

Back