• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

Do we still finish bottom 5 with PLD because this year that’s way more important than acquiring him given where we are in the rebuild?

Do we still finish bottom 5 with PLD because this year that’s way more important than acquiring him given where we are in the rebuild?
Have you met our D and G?

There's a plan at work here. If you can get PLD at a discount you do it. Period. Players change their minds all the time.

I would rather simply wait it out & get Dubois when he's a free agent, especially if we have to start giving up real assets.

I would rather simply wait it out & get Dubois when he's a free agent, especially if we have to start giving up real assets.
Yeah in a perfect world. You just don't give up on a player when you smell blood in the water. This is what good teams do.

Yeah in a perfect world. You just don't give up on a player when you smell blood in the water. This is what good teams do.
I can live with giving up, say, Harris + roster player for the salary + 2023 2nd. I could probably be talked into giving up Barron instead of Harris if necessary.

I'm not willing to give up the likes of Guhle, for example.

That’s fine too. He’s not all that.
Big, talented, French center that who just turned 24 and actually wants to play in Montreal. I'm not saying it's going to turn out great... but that's a chance I absolutely want to take if we can.

If he wants to play in Montreal no matter what, he's got two years to wait at worst.

And if the whole league knows he's going to bolt in two years, do they really have a reason to trade for him?

I mean, he hasn't come out and said it's only Montreal. It does sound like he'd like that... but 2 years is a long time... and who knows what happens between now and then.

I mean, he hasn't come out and said it's only Montreal. It does sound like he'd like that... but 2 years is a long time... and who knows what happens between now and then.
The great thing about the NHL is there are always other players. You have next offseason and after to start accumulating free agents who don’t cost assets.

Yeah, cause we've done such a great job of attracting young, big, talented, centers.

Obviously you don't do it at all costs... but you absolutely have to exhaust every reasonable option.

Wasn’t only a Julie Petry issue it seems:

- Romanov’s wife (Sofia Krasovskaya) left Quebec shortly after Xmas for Florida, didn’t want the hassle associated w mandates & never returned

- Poehling’s girlfriend (Jae Borgen) also headed back home to North Dakota same timeframe for same issues

- Xavier Ouellet’s wife (Liz Ann) headed back home to Michigan for same reasons including scathing instagram post on Canadian mandates

All 3-players have moved on from Habs org to US locales…

Jean-Sebastien Dea being a dummy and saying the Habs should be filled with Quebecois like the Laval Rocket were, because they were proud to play for the local team.

Like... That would be nice, if acquiring players to play on the Habs was as easy as signing players for the Laval Rocket.

These people have no idea about hockey. None.

They think with their language, not reality.

Been over it for years. Has nothing to do with the Habs or hockey, no matter how much they try to pretend it does.

Back