• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

It's funny. I was here for a few years, then left for a long time. I think when I left I found the Halak / Price debate the most obtuse bit of 'shoulda coulda woulda' I have ever encountered on the internet. 4chan? Bad 8chan? Worse. Price vs Hallak? Kill me now.

It is the most impotent, the most limp dicked line of discussion about the Habs. Nothing more than constant, powerless resentment and rage...

The covid gift playoff is the only year the team went far

The body of work from 2014 is not elite , dont look at only the limited playoff games he played

A few good years and barely played in the final 8 years of his deal
gift or not, he won 4 of his last six series

Just the dumbest way to evaluate an individual player.
I don't care about individual numbers. All they're good for is getting the player a better contract. I care about TEAN achievements in the form of championships because those are the only accolades in which fans get to share. They don't have parades for one guy scoring 50 goals. They have them for Cups. And at the end of a player's career Cups are the only relevant stat. Individual stats are only relevant to the individual himself.

he only started making this argument when Todd and Kelly started it. Wehave now hates Price over guns.
I don't hate Price although I never loved him the way some do. I hated that we had a crap team that relied on him to spit nickels in order to win games but I didn't hate him. I could live without his wife and her bullshit as well as his support for a fascist gun lobby group. But since he's no longer playing I'm just done with him. I only care about any player insofar as they can help my team win things. Once they can no longer do that they are of no further use to me.

I admit that one of the great wishes of my life was for him to win the Cup to rub it into my Halakian friend's face (who has surely sent me 100's of calls, texts and e-mails bashing him for the past 15 years), but with the recent stuff I don't care for him much anymore either. Still a great HOF goalie if a bit overrated with "only" one Vezina, still seems like a decent guy (just a hick whose politics are different than mine).

I admit that one of the great wishes of my life was for him to win the Cup to rub it into my Halakian friend's face (who has surely sent me 100's of calls, texts and e-mails bashing him for the past 15 years), but with the recent stuff I don't care for him much anymore either. Still a great HOF goalie if a bit overrated with "only" one Vezina, still seems like a decent guy (just a hick whose politics are different than mine).
Yup.

I don't care about individual numbers. All they're good for is getting the player a better contract. I care about TEAN achievements in the form of championships because those are the only accolades in which fans get to share. They don't have parades for one guy scoring 50 goals. They have them for Cups. And at the end of a player's career Cups are the only relevant stat. Individual stats are only relevant to the individual himself.
Just the dumbest.

Back