• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

Douglas Murray & Gad Saad are also excellent reads. I've ran into Gad Saad a few times in the neighborhood, never talked to him, though.

I have a good friend of mine who isn't vaccinated, and I tried to convinced to get her vaccinated. She didn't budge, fine, that's her call.

However, we had mutual friends who to this very day do not want to spend time with her out of fear of what an unvaccinated person could transmit to them. And these are not dumb, conspiracy theory believing people. They're both highly educated (One a psychologist, one about to enter med school this Fall) and very smart, with good ability to think critically, and they're still stuck with that blind spot. Very Sam Harris-ian in regards to Trump.

The culture war in North America has created a permanent fissure between two sides that are convinced "the other" is wrong and that they're on the right side of history. Whether it's Covid, the climate, abortion, etc. Covid has only made things much worse, much faster.
Go to the leaf board for lots of millennial self righteous own fart smelling culture war bliss.

Living in Seattle at the time, I couldn’t believe the amount of 30+ years friendships destroyed over that issue (and Trump). A complete inability to get out of the tribal mentality and engage in honest discussions instead of trying to force your ideology. It’s around that time I started getting very interested in Jonathan Haidt’s books about the different forms of morality. It really hit a note with what I was trying to understand.
Thanks for the reference. Will check them out.

I'm not a vaccine basher, however I am a basher of those who consistently lied about them for political reasons and those who continue to lie about them without taking into account new information. Did the vaccines save lives? Despite what the weirdos on the fringe right might say, they absolutely did.

I am particularly bothered by the two-faced, gutless, sack of shit politicians who enforced draconian (totalitarian, if we're being honest) measures on their own people and to this day think they did nothing wrong.

Anywho, this is a long, long discussion that's probably not going to end anywhere...

Can we just all agree WeHave's a fascist with swastika tattoos on his ass cheeks?
They actually didn't go far enough imo.

The gutless pandering to business over health by politicians and relating to masks was disgusting.

Man, I hated to be that guy as I was forgetting I had my mask on. Did this multiple times too.
Haha. I'd leave mine on all the time. No shame. Especially early on when I'd forget to put it back on so I had to walk back to the car.

They actually didn't go far enough imo.

The gutless pandering to business over health by politicians and relating to masks was disgusting.
I’ll point out that your boy liked this fascist comment. WeHave approved fascism.

Back