• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

My dad lives in Winnipeg and follows the Jets pretty closely. He is 100% sold that the Habs are trading for PLD. I keep telling him that he's crazy.
he only wants to play for us, now of course he could be playing us like basically every other Quebecois player in recent history, but if it is true, we can offer a 2nd and get him next year or wait for July 1, 2024.

He is a good 60 point player but you cant blow your brains out paying him

He will be lucky to get that point total on a bad team

He is an RFA so the Jets qualify him for a year , I think he resigns with term

who in their right mind signs long term there?

I think so, MS maybe gone so they need a C

I dont think he wants the BS of the media and this story of him wanting to come home is probably agent driven to drive his price up

Hugo is all about value , I dont see them overpaying

PLD is your classic Miller , Horvat overpay you will regret

Last edited:

Topic about the future of the Jets core is starts around 16:03

But this exact passage about Dubois and the Habs starts at 19:00

Jets / Chevaldayoff are f*cked - it’s HuGo’s job now to ask their GM to offer up pieces of glass shrapnel before they use the most powerful sledgehammer to ram it down his assh*le.

There is no reason whatsoever to offer anywhere close to the assets in the Trouba deal

Jets / Chevaldayoff are f*cked - it’s HuGo’s job now to ask their GM to offer up pieces of glass shrapnel before they use the most powerful sledgehammer to ram it down his assh*le.

There is no reason whatsoever to offer anywhere close to the assets in the Trouba deal
Jets have tough decisions

PLD,Helly, Shife all due soon

If you offering zilch , Peg will get more at next years deadline to another team

If Friedman is reporting that it will 95% happen, then it will 100% happen. He only "speculates" that something will happen if it's basically already happened, and he's aware of it, but it hasn't been announced yet. He's very clever about how he presents himself as an "Insider."

Last edited:

Exactly and my thinking is that is why the deal isn't done. Hughes knows this and is offering only face saving assets. Not offering that first I think.

They won't get more from another team if everyone knows that PLD will only sign with the Habs.
A desperate playoff team overpays at the deadline for rentals

Florida had zero chance to retain Giroux and Chariots of fire and gave up 2 firsts plus Tippet

Giroux was only going to Florida and they still paid a hefty price

Dont think PLD has any trade clauses that kick in this year

Back