• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

A first for Ben Chiarot was always dumb, even without the Panthers having a surprisngly bad season (for them). He was never going to make that big of a difference. Giroux, maybe.

A first for Ben Chiarot was always dumb, even without the Panthers having a surprisngly bad season (for them). He was never going to make that big of a difference. Giroux, maybe.
There’s also external factors - as Gord Miller said last week on Melnick’s show, it was the Cgy owner who hired Sutter and the owner who extended Sutter without any GM involvement..

How much of a “push” did Zito get from the owner?

I would only trade Florida's 1st and a B prospect.. and maybe a 3rd next year.. that is the max .. . like i have said before, we hold all the cards

I would think that someone would give up a 1st+ for a year of PLD... or just at the deadline next year
A mid-late 20s 1st but no prospects since they’re rarely dealt at deadline vs what Habs can offer to save face?

I agree Chevaldayoff needs to maximize value on PLD trade but he’s in a serious bind w 3-potential UFAs pending (Hellebuyck, Wheeler & Scheifle) and having nothing in their system.

I’m not convinced True North will give the go ahead for a full rebuild, and what if Chevaldayoff simply says f*ck it I’ll find another GM gig in a more attractive market?

There are so many variables at play for Jets, least of which is how to not completely lose the PR battle and at least keep Winter-peg attractive to Northern mid-western players (Minny, Wisconsin, Michigan) which makes up close to 30% of their roster…and not by coincidence either IMO

HuGo have them by the balls, and simply need to keep squeezing. The Trouba situation was never this public, Brisson comments, PLDs comments, and for sure someone from Habs org leaked info to Friedman - which puts Jets in an even worse leverage position

Speaking of squeezing…

Last edited:
A mid-late 20s 1st but no prospects since they’re rarely dealt at deadline vs what Habs can offer to save face?

I agree Chevaldayoff needs to maximize value on PLD trade but he’s in a serious bind w 3-potential UFAs pending (Hellebuyck, Wheeler & Scheifle) and having nothing in their system.

I’m not convinced True North will give the go ahead for a full rebuild, and what if Chevaldayoff simply says f*ck it I’ll find another GM gig in a more attractive market?

There are so many variables at play for Jets, least of which is how to not completely lose the PR battle and at least keep Winter-peg attractive to Northern mid-western players (Minny, Wisconsin, Michigan) which makes up close to 30% of their roster…and not by coincidence either IMO

HuGo have them by the balls, and simply need to keep squeezing. The Trouba situation was never this public, Brisson comments, PLDs comments, and for sure someone from Habs org leaked info to Friedman - which puts Jets in an even worse leverage position

Speaking of squeezing…

The Jets are no different than Calgary with Gaudreau or other teams who drag their core players to the last minute without a resolution

Team is close to the dreaded middle and tough decisions need to be made

Last edited:
The Jets are no different than Calgary with Gaudreau or other teams who drag their core players to the last minute without a resolution
Cgy at least has the lowest taxation in Canada - that’s why Huberdeau used his US residency leverage to sign the heavy bonus structured deal. Less likely to have done so in Wpg

But yeah many players simply don’t want to play in CDN markets…that’s the reality. Seemingly PLD does want to badly play in Mtl..

Back