• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

That was me. I’m pessimistic about his development. Sure his Jr team was a shit show but I expected more.

That was me. I’m pessimistic about his development. Sure his Jr team was a shit show but I expected more.
Irrelevant. There’s no reason to give any value, even if it’s just potential value and is never realized, to acquire PLD via trade. None.

Great speed and agility agility watching him live

Smallish player but competes and not afraid to get hit , good potential

Irrelevant. There’s no reason to give any value, even if it’s just potential value and is never realized, to acquire PLD via trade. None.
Trouba deal was for a 20s pick + Pionk - and there were 2-destinations involved.

If reports that PLD only wanting Habs is accurate, Chevaldayoff has zero leverage power - this is Vanek all over again. MB got him for a 2nd rounder because no other GM at deadline was ready to cough up a 1st for a pure rental player everyone knew before the season even started, was going to sign in Minny

I feel bad for Winter-peg fans and being generous:

Dvorak + Harris take it or leave it… Habs will sign him next summer

Anyone here think they need to trade Edminston at the draft? I have a feeling that if Montreal are close to contending for a playoff spot at deadline time they’ll keep him as their own rental. It might be better to get rid of him before we ran into a situation like that.

Anyone here think they need to trade Edminston at the draft? I have a feeling that if Montreal are close to contending for a playoff spot at deadline time they’ll keep him as their own rental. It might be better to get rid of him before we ran into a situation like that.
If a good deal comes absolutely, if we are contending for a playoff spot you still trade him at the trade deadline.. we are not winning a cup next year so trade even if you are fighting for a playoff spot.

Yes, but now that the cat is out of the bag they have little to no leverage. The reality is that they either trade PLD for something now or lose him for nothing later. And since every GM in the league knows this, the offers will be weak. All the Habs need to do is offer the Jets something that they can sell to their fans as progress. I was originally thinking about the Florida first round pick if the Panthers make the playoffs but now I'm thinking we can get away with less, say a second rounder and a second tier prospect who likely has no future with us. And if we can give them back Armia as well I'd be ecstatic but that's not a deal-breaker.

They’d be better off qualifying him and letting him go as a UFA. At least they get a season out of it. A low ball offer is worth zilch.

Yup. If he gets a taste of the good life on a better team, all bets are off.

If I’m Winnipeg, I stick it to the Habs and try to trade him to LA, Vegas, Fla. etc. Maybe even TML.

Yeah, somebody would offer more just for a full season or a playoff run worth of PLD.

I'm also not convinced that PLD only wants to play in MTL, more that he doesn't want to play in Winnipeg.
Agreed , an agent tactic to create interest but I am not ruling out a Peg return

All depends what their plan is with MS

Yeah, somebody would offer more just for a full season or a playoff run worth of PLD.

I'm also not convinced that PLD only wants to play in MTL, more that he doesn't want to play in Winnipeg.
Trusted media types like Friedman, Seravalli & LeBrun never ever throw out specific odds, let alone “95% chance PLD ends up in Mtl”.

Jets can hold out but they run the risk of injury. We had hoped to get another pick out of Monahan but nope. PLD isn't made of glass but he's had his own injury issues.

Yup. If he gets a taste of the good life on a better team, all bets are off.

If I’m Winnipeg, I stick it to the Habs and try to trade him to LA, Vegas, Fla. etc. Maybe even TML.
They aren't "sticking" the Habs. This team is a couple of years from contending with or without PLD. He's a nice piece to add but they don't HAVE to have him at any cost. Make them an offer. They take it or they leave it. If they leave it, wait and see what happens when he turns UFA. No need to overpay in assets for a player who has told his current team he's walking.

2nd round pick and a middling prospect, maybe an Armia or Dvorak, just to get them off the books. No 1st rounders, no Mailloux, no Hutson, no top tier prospect. Take it or leave it.

Habs don't need to overpay and Jets won't want to sell low, so let's just both move on and sign him as a UFA.
As I've said before, what the Jets want or don't want isn't relevant. They can either sell PLD for something now or lose him for nothing later. It's one of those options but it's not neither of them.

They aren't "sticking" the Habs. This team is a couple of years from contending with or without PLD. He's a nice piece to add but they don't HAVE to have him at any cost. Make them an offer. They take it or they leave it. If they leave it, wait and see what happens when he turns UFA. No need to overpay in assets for a player who has told his current team he's walking.

2nd round pick and a middling prospect, maybe an Armia or Dvorak, just to get them off the books. No 1st rounders, no Mailloux, no Hutson, no top tier prospect. Take it or leave it.
You dont overpay $$$ PLD as a UFA , nice piece but not a missing piece

I dont see Hugo making a dumb move

Back