• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

As I've said before, what the Jets want or don't want isn't relevant. They can either sell PLD for something now or lose him for nothing later. It's one of those options but it's not neither of them.
They can sell PLD for something later too. Someone at the deadline will offer a first and some prospects.

They aren't "sticking" the Habs. This team is a couple of years from contending with or without PLD. He's a nice piece to add but they don't HAVE to have him at any cost. Make them an offer. They take it or they leave it. If they leave it, wait and see what happens when he turns UFA. No need to overpay in assets for a player who has told his current team he's walking.

2nd round pick and a middling prospect, maybe an Armia or Dvorak, just to get them off the books. No 1st rounders, no Mailloux, no Hutson, no top tier prospect. Take it or leave it.
I have no problem offering Florida's 1st and Dvorak.

The worst payoff scenario for the Jets is to take a shitty low ball offer from the Habs. Losing him as a UFA would be better.

There is a realistic scenario where they move him at next year’s deadline to a near contender who is willing to pay for a rental.

The worst payoff scenario for the Jets is to take a shitty low ball offer from the Habs. Losing him as a UFA would be better.

There is a realistic scenario where they move him at next year’s deadline to a near contender who is willing to pay for a rental.
That's what we thought we'd be able to do with Monahan.

All the Jets need is something that they can sell to the fanbase as "progress" and Jets fans know that nobody wants to play in their shithole city. They'll be satisfied with whatever they can get.

You dont overpay $$$ PLD as a UFA , nice piece but not a missing piece

I dont see Hugo making a dumb move

You need nice pieces to win too, and they don’t prevent you from finding your “missing pieces” (whoever those are)

You need nice pieces to win too, and they don’t prevent you from finding your “missing pieces” (whoever those are)
I dont see Hugo ready to pounce unless the time is right and team is ready to win

As mentioned I would spend 10-12 mil on a legit star than 8 mil on secondary top 6 pieces even if thats the so called market

Nick and CC are fine on our top 6 , need to aim higher than PLD

I thought it was always bad asset management to lose a player for nothing?

I thought it was always bad asset management to lose a player for nothing?

Almost always, yes. But this is an exceptional circumstance where taking a shitty package from the Habs would be materially worse than getting at least one year of PLD.

Of course, they won’t do that. They’d trade him before the deadline. My point is that Jets have zero incentive to trade him for garbage, like a 2nd rounder + B prospect, this summer. If they do, then they are stupid.

Almost always, yes. But this is an exceptional circumstance where taking a shitty package from the Habs would be materially worse than getting at least one year of PLD.

Of course, they won’t do that. They’d trade him before the deadline. My point is that Jets have zero incentive to trade him for garbage, like a 2nd rounder + B prospect, this summer. If they do, then they are stupid.
he should go James Hardon and start really dog fucking until they trade him to us

please list the 12M players that have switched teams in the last decade that meet your approval
My point is a good top 6-9 forward can be found without spending 8 mil on PLD

If lets say Dahlin wanted to come to Montreal as a UFA , gladly over pay a stud like him

I'm still not too sure what's the difference between Suzuki and PLD? Is it that we can only of one of them?
I give Nick an edge as a playmaker , PLD the edge in physicality

I like them both but with Cole in the 7-8 range , I want an upgrade on on PLD

PLD is a nice player but hasnt helped a more established team like Peg move an inch

Team needs a few elite studs for the rebuild , then he is a better fit IMO

We can disagree on his value , for me he is a solid support player not your core player

My point is a good top 6-9 forward can be found without spending 8 mil on PLD

If lets say Dahlin wanted to come to Montreal as a UFA , gladly over pay a stud like him

?? okaaaay

And I want a new 911 Carrera dropped off in my driveway. We gotta deal with the market as it is.

Speaking of which, PLD is Top 6, which is definitely gonna be at least 7M going forward.

PLD is a nice player but hasnt helped a more established team like Peg move an inch

We can disagree on his value , for me he is a solid support player not your core player

I think 8M is rich for both Suzuki and PLD at their current production so I don't necessarily disagree on value. Both should be more accurately valued at around 7M. But I think PLD is a core player, just not an elite one, same boat as Suzuki.

The cap ceiling will break the $100M barrier in 2-3 years max

The cap ceiling will break the $100M barrier in 2-3 years max
An increase in cap is of no benefit if your giving it all back to the players

It works when you have Nate on your books for under 7 mil for years giving you 11 mil production or Stuzle probably a 100 point player for the next decade at a slightly higher pay than PLD

Having a nice PLD to score 25 goals at 8 does nothing for me , much easier to find at better value

Back