• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

In the last 15 years there has been only 9 teams that have won the Stanley Cup.. The Cup winners are not the only ones in the league that have or had elite players but yet they did not win the Cup.. I like the idea of having elite d-men, elite goaltending, and elite forwards but that is not going to happen.. We need to rebuild to be contenders every year., that is the best that is going to happen in the next 3-4 years (unless we get #1 pick this year). Build to be a strong contender every year because there are upsets in the playoffs every year..
If it’s not going to happen , no cup

What Geeman isn't realizing is all that he is clamoring for is an easier way to the cup.

There is no sure fire way.

Ok so you need elite players, or players that gets hot in the playoffs. Got it! That's a much large set.
Pietro was a complete 1D close to elite , and ROR was an elite 200 foot C with shut down ability

Bottom line they had 3 key components you need

Billington went ape shit when it mattered , and good scoring depth and a few Pisani heroes .

We have no 1D,1C,2D ....

Nick is not ROR ...sorry
Let me use the line that gets thrown around here a lot, on a cup contender, ROR is not a 1C.. ROR didn't even finish in the top 40 in scoring.. You keep moving the goal post.. fact is St Louis was not even on the radar to be in the playoffs, they changed coaches and the team got hot including their goalie.. they had some nice pieces but nothing like you been pumping on here.. that team would go through a wall for their coach and they did..

Pietro was a complete 1D close to elite , and ROR was an elite 200 foot C with shut down ability

Bottom line they had 3 key components you need

Billington went ape shit when it mattered , and good scoring depth and a few Pisani heroes .
Pietro is a #1D, no doubt. ROR is the typical guy that you would normally say he's a solid #2 on a Cup winning team. But he had the best season of his career that season and was on the top of his game, timing matters.

Let me use the line that gets thrown around here a lot, on a cup contender, ROR is not a 1C.. ROR didn't even finish in the top 40 in scoring.. You keep moving the goal post.. fact is St Louis was not even on the radar to be in the playoffs, they changed coaches and the team got hot including their goalie.. they had some nice pieces but nothing like you been pumping on here.. that team would go through a wall for their coach and they did..
I am not moving any post , ROR was Bergeron an elite 2 way 200 foot center

Close to a point a game, kills penalties , shutdown monster , physical thats a 1C

Goalies are a dime a dozen and who the hell knows what you get

Bottom line , they had the horse center , shutdown horse in Parayko and the 1c

Close to a point a game, kills penalties , shutdown monster , physical thats a 1C

That is a new spin for you.. good to know .. So is Dano elite ?(close to a point a game in the last 2 Playoffs with the Kings) was Weber elite when we went on our run? or Price? Nick had 16 pts in 22 games ?

Last edited:
Back