• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

You know exactly what I am talking about

Keep the rebuild going and lets get better players , no shortcuts

Bandaids to futility got us where we are now

No disrespect to any of our players but those 3 will get you nowhere for a cup run as our main 3

Name me the last team that won a cup with our core skill set right now ? Correct nobody

Keep adding talent but dont be stupid forcing this rebuild , going very well so far

Hope to land Fantilli or Barlow and Slaf develops into a better Landeskog

Patience patience patience
In the last 15 years there has been only 9 teams that have won the Stanley Cup.. The Cup winners are not the only ones in the league that have or had elite players but yet they did not win the Cup.. I like the idea of having elite d-men, elite goaltending, and elite forwards but that is not going to happen.. We need to rebuild to be contenders every year., that is the best that is going to happen in the next 3-4 years (unless we get #1 pick this year). Build to be a strong contender every year because there are upsets in the playoffs every year..

Lafleur wasn’t even “elite” his first 4-seasons and he was drafted at 20.

Part of the issue IMO, has been the absolute mandate of 200-ft game which is what held Lafleur back at the start of his career, Scotty simply didn’t trust him.

MSL is the 1st coach in my lifetime following Habs who , at least till now, doesn’t seem to be cut from that mindset, so that’s possibly a very favorable unknown for offensively gifted players..

Even Demers, albeit offensively minded for his era, was a goalie out station to station system, unlike MSLs concept game
and here i thought it was because Guy took off his helmet... :)

In the last 15 years there has been only 9 teams that have won the Stanley Cup.. The Cup winners are not the only ones in the league that have or had elite players but yet they did not win the Cup.. I like the idea of having elite d-men, elite goaltending, and elite forwards but that is not going to happen.. We need to rebuild to be contenders every year., that is the best that is going to happen in the next 3-4 years (unless we get #1 pick this year). Build to be a strong contender every year because there are upsets in the playoffs every year..
I want a plug and play system.

The Bruins are a good model. Strong culture, good management, good draft and development.
Yet no elite top-10 picks on the team, and other than their 25OA 1st round pick an entire team of sub 65 pts players. 4-line offensive output team.

As for good draft & development, yea they’ve been solid but had more than their share of blunders - see 3 mid 1st rounders from 2015 draft and not one of the elite players selected (Barzal, Connor, Chabot, Boeser), and they’ve had one draft pick over last 7-drafts, post McAvoy selection in 1st round of 2016 crack the roster (Swayman - 2017 4th round)

Last edited:
Back