• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

You keep retooling based on what you are in the hierarchy year after year

The above you mentioned isnt rinse and repeat , its a step moving forward with more asset accumulation , and maybe an opportunity to trade for a player or move up in the draft

Rinse and repeat is wasting cap space on 11 and Price or giving PLD 8 mil just because he is French and available

Team is 2 years away from determining the next step in development

What prospects have graduated or are close to making the team ?

2/3 of this team might be dumped in 2 years , massive turnover in the making .

I dont want to add a vet on a long term deal until the time is right and team is ready to compete
When is the team ready to compete? Can we ever be ready without elite players?

In my mind, I want smart asset management. Move players that don't fit long term for assets, acquire players that fit long term, move players from positions of surplus to positions of needs, and just keep doing that every year.

Fuck that , not even giving up Florida`s pick for him

This obsession with PLD is nuts
I would gladly take PLD, but I'm not willing to pay even fair value for him. In any negotiation we would have the Jets by the balls so there's no need to offer anything but surplus garbage assets. They either take the trash or we simply wait for him to become a UFA and they get nothing.

Hypothetical scenario:

Habs get lucky, win lottery draft Bedard.

Jets asking price for PLD is firm: Dach (1-for-1), do u do it?

Bedard + PLD coming in and Habs keep Fla 1st
/ Dach out
No

I think we've seen what PLD brings and also see that Dach's ceiling is higher. Is it a gamble? Sure but I think Marty is doing great work with Dach so I would keep him.

In my mind, I want smart asset management. Move players that don't fit long term for assets, acquire players that fit long term, move players from positions of surplus to positions of needs, and just keep doing that every year.
Thats exactly what Hugo is doing , and more to come .

Team is ready to compete when its ready

Nope. We cannot compete without elite players. And even with elite players nothing is guaranteed

Note : definition of elite varies :)

Edit : even to get back to a Markov, price, Subban, maxpac, pleks level will take some luck and smarts

Nope. We cannot compete without elite players. And even with elite players nothing is guaranteed

Note : definition of elite varies :)

Edit : even to get back to a Markov, price, Subban, maxpac, pleks level will take some luck and smarts

Slafacietty, PK Hutson are blooming in 3 yrs

Slafacietty, PK Hutson are blooming in 3 yrs
I'd say we have 2 pieces already. Suzuki and CC.

We need those 2 to pan out as well. But really the rebuild will come down to this draft. Get 1 or 2 and the rebuild will be better than those teams. Get 5 6 or and we need that to be better than all the others.

Reactions: CH1
I'd say we have 2 pieces already. Suzuki and CC.

We need those 2 to pan out as well. But really the rebuild will come down to this draft. Get 1 or 2 and the rebuild will be better than those teams. Get 5 6 or and we need that to be better than all the others.
get 2

Back