• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

Ah.

Where I went to school didn't affect my life, it does in many professions though. It's why I agreed to Cornell for my kid. I know that it's one of the best for what she wants. Companies look at this. I have an issue following rules so I gotta just make it on my own.
Hotel management? It’s famous for that.

Ah.

Where I went to school didn't affect my life, it does in many professions though. It's why I agreed to Cornell for my kid. I know that it's one of the best for what she wants. Companies look at this. I have an issue following rules so I gotta just make it on my own.
Ivy League eh nice

good for your bank balance...

Mine chose to go to a local college 2 blocks away and it costs 4000 a yr...I am thankful..
Not really. The school he’s going to will still cost about $50k a year (even as a recruited athlete). But good for you, I’m envious.

The cost of higher education in this country is completely out of wack. It’s a total scam, actually.

Last edited:
My older son had an opportunity to attend an Ivy (Dartmouth) fall but he decided otherwise. Hopefully not the wrong decision.
It's a very tough decision to make in guiding your kids isn't it? My other two are smart but this girl is exceptional in school so what is a parent to do? Worry about the added expense of Ivy league? It's a concern because (a) parents are heading to retirement and the kids can get a good education for half the price or (b) setting your kid up for life basically with that sheepskin.

Lots to weigh and many concerns.

Yes, there is. It was started by the Wokesters at the formerly called “McGill Tribune” which is now stupidly just called the “Tribune.”

Wow, things changed from my days as an editor at the Trib, which was definitely the less PC of the two student papers. I once got away with putting in some crap that might get me expelled now or at least stern Twitter attention.

As for name changes, I'd rather not as I have good memories from there, but it's a complicated subject where the changes are sometimes appropriate and sometimes an overreaction. I expect the McGill higher-ups are making the best decisions as to the future reputation/funding of the place.

Ok in this scenario:

Habs are drafting 7
Florida pick is in the 20s
Hughes acquires NYR pick for Anderson (or another late round pick)

Would you trade all 3 for Dubois, Morrissey, Hellebuyck?

Chevaldayov saves face by claiming a rebuild and walks in with four first round picks. No way they can lose that PR war.

Habs acquire #1 D, proven starting goalie, and a solid seconds line center/winger.

I think I do this deal if they're all healthy.

The Jets would need to take salary back.

This is madness, of course.
It's Saturday. I'm bored. I'm just saying is if we're talking 7,21,26?

I think about it long and hard. You're talking about investing in known commodities vs unknown.

Sure everyone loves draft picks. I love sure things.

Ok in this scenario:

Habs are drafting 7

Chevaldayov saves face by claiming a rebuild and walks in with four first round picks. No way they can lose that PR war.

Habs acquire #1 D, proven starting goalie, and a solid seconds line center/winger.

Ok how about Gallagher and Hoffman going to Winnipeg with those picks?

Ok in this scenario:

Habs are drafting 7

Yes because I think it’s a steal for us and we can likely get more reselling them individually.

Back