• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

Fans, yes. Actual paying customers don't want to be paying premium prices for a subpar product. As long as prices are inline with the quality of the product, all is good.
They don't want to pay premium prices but they won't stop paying them so it's obviously not a real issue. Money talks, bullshit runs marathons. People are always bitching but they never hesitate to pull out their wallets so we can ignore their complaints unless or until they also withhold their money. As long as they keep feeding the beast their complaints will be ignored and should be ignored.

As a Kraken season ticket holder I can tell you I was much happier this year than last. If the team is going through a rebuild, I would simply not renew. That’s the option I would take. And I’m not sure how accurate your perception of STH is. Montreal is a privileged market but that sure wasn’t the case in Seattle where pretty much all STH were regular fans.
I've seen what the Kraken charge for tickets, parking, and concessions. If they're all "regular" fans then they are extremely well-heeled and probably have a way of writing them off on their taxes.

I was talking to know it all

The Habs have played to not full arenas and they've frozen hikes in the past.
The fans that hold the team to standards have aged out. The fan base they have spent 25 years cultivating are the ones who are just happy to have a game to go to and an overpriced jersey to buy. This type of fan sees any criticism of how the team is run as somehow "disloyal". These are the fans that every team wants: rich, stupid and loyal.

The fans that hold the team to standards have aged out. The fan base they have spent 25 years cultivating are the ones who are just happy to have a game to go to and an overpriced jersey to buy. This type of fan sees any criticism of how the team is run as somehow "disloyal". These are the fans that every team wants: rich, stupid and loyal.
Going to a game has become “a night out” (albeit a very expensive one) for most ticket buyers.

Going to a game has become “a night out” (albeit a very expensive one) for most ticket buyers.
Most my buddies in Montreal are in their 50s and most have seasons. Just because you see their kids in the seats on camera doesn't mean they aren't pops or moms seats.

Wehave truly is one of those that thinks his way is the best and only way and that makes me pity him instead. Not fair.

It truly is amazing how you convince yourself that your thoughts are correct.
The team has spent most of the last 3 decades as a dumpster fire and tickets are just as expensive and as scarce as they ever were. The Habs are recession-proof. A license to print money win or lose. What is truly amazing is that anyone still believes that the team's financial success or failure hinges on winning. It stopped being win-dependent a long time ago.

And?

Habs are a stable business model!

Motherfuckers!!!!
Yes they are but not because they necessarily have a good product. In the old days the Habs were good in large part because the price of not being good enough was that the fans would burn them to the ground and stop buying the product. Once that threat was removed, the Habs only had to have a good product if they chose to pursue one. But if they chose not to it wouldn't impact their bottom line. Wealth without risk.

I've seen what the Kraken charge for tickets, parking, and concessions. If they're all "regular" fans then they are extremely well-heeled and probably have a way of writing them off on their taxes.

Sports are extremely expensive everywhere and Seattle is an especially expensive city. There is a lot of "regular" fans with good income with Boeing, Amazon, Microsoft, Starbucks, Google, Facebook, all the biotechs, etc, in town.

Last edited:
Yes he left us Caufield but that's a stretch to me. A monkey could have made that pick.

Too bad there were no monkeys present in Philly that day.
I’d only say 18 other monkeys didn’t make that pick, and MB apparently received a flood of calls from other GMs once Philly made their selection, wanting that pick & refused to trade it because they wanted to draft Caufield

I’d only say 18 other monkeys didn’t make that pick, and MB apparently received a flood of calls from other GMs once Philly made their selection, wanting that pick & refused to trade it because they wanted to draft Caufield
11 others and 3 picked better prospects

I’m hoping this playoff performance is enough for Fla GM to offer up Knight to get his 1st rounder back - yes I know he’s undergoing mental health treatment but I’d still do it & let him take his time to recover

I don't think he wanted to screw the team over by going for it and he did it conservatively and almost got there. I can see him getting another gig one day.
Yeah. I don’t give a flying fuck of credibility to anyone who diminishes the cup run. The excuses / arguments diminishing the team are limp dicked bull shit from know it all wankers. This team beat the mighty Mathew Austin’s and Golden cum shots. Was it unlikely? Sure.
And they made it to the fucking finals.
That was a massive accomplishment and the future looks bright for Nick and Cauliflower.

The Habs can finish last every year and raise ticket prices every year and every game will still be sold out. Frustrated or not, they never stop showing up so...

Fuck the fans.

The Oilers thank you for attending their playoff games... Fuck WeHave .. :)

They don't want to pay premium prices but they won't stop paying them so it's obviously not a real issue. Money talks, bullshit runs marathons. People are always bitching but they never hesitate to pull out their wallets so we can ignore their complaints unless or until they also withhold their money. As long as they keep feeding the beast their complaints will be ignored and should be ignored.
you did see a number of our games this year...#beastfeeder

Back