• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

This whole “Fuck the fans” debate misses the mark.

Habs bottomed out two years ago, cleaned house and new management is trying to build a winner.

Unfortunately, it takes time. This ain’t the NFL
where a last place team can turn things around quickly in two drafts if they hit on an elite QB and a bunch of plug and play starters in the middle rounds
It's going to take the time it's going to take, and fans will start to get frustrated, revenues will drop and owner will start getting frustrated too, and yet it's important to hold to ship straight. You can do a rebuild and lower the ticket prices during that time, that's a great way to do a rebuild while respecting the fans.

It's going to take the time it's going to take, and fans will start to get frustrated, revenues will drop and owner will start getting frustrated too, and yet it's important to hold to ship straight. You can do a rebuild and lower the ticket prices during that time, that's a great way to do a rebuild while respecting the fans.
Fans are more accepting if they see a plan in place to improve

Watching terrible patch jobs and development over a decade is what infuriates fans

Habs fans see a light shining and good young skill developing , that creates excitement

They dont want to see Gally and Dvorak trying to play hockey

Fans are more accepting if they see a plan in place to improve

Watching terrible patch jobs and development over a decade is what infuriates fans

Habs fans see a light shining and good young skill developing , that creates excitement

They dont want to see Gally and Dvorak trying to play hockey
Fans, yes. Actual paying customers don't want to be paying premium prices for a subpar product. As long as prices are inline with the quality of the product, all is good.

Fans, yes. Actual paying customers don't want to be paying premium prices for a subpar product. As long as prices are inline with the quality of the product, all is good.
Most paying customers are corporate or well off who have discretionary moola to dole out

The ones who get a game here and there just want to be at a game

If you are a season ticket holder which option do you want

The Nero patch job leading to a gut job or the Hugo plan with hope down the road

You need to build it right first , thats the game plan now

Most paying customers are corporate or well off who have discretionary moola to dole out

The ones who get a game here and there just want to be at a game

If you are a season ticket holder which option do you want

The Nero patch job leading to a gut job or the Hugo plan with hope down the road

You need to build it right first , thats the game plan now
As a Kraken season ticket holder I can tell you I was much happier this year than last. If the team is going through a rebuild, I would simply not renew. That’s the option I would take. And I’m not sure how accurate your perception of STH is. Montreal is a privileged market but that sure wasn’t the case in Seattle where pretty much all STH were regular fans.

Last edited:
As a Kraken season ticket holder I can tell you I was much happier this year than last. If the team is going through a rebuild, I would simply not renew. That’s the option I would take. And I’m not sure how accurate your perception of STH is. Montreal is a privileged market but that sure wasn’t the case in Seattle where pretty much all STH were regular fans.
Kraken started with a clean slate , big difference than the trash Nero left behind

He wasn't brutal, but the reason we're stuck in a long-term rebuild is directly thanks to him.

Count's nickname for him was always the best way to describe him: Nero. He sat on his hands while the proverbial city burned down.

He kept Timmins in position, who had one of the worst drafting records in the league during The Charlatan's reign, he kept his buddies in position despite overwhelming proof that they're not competent, made minimal efforts to actually try winning besides leaning on the players Gainey/Savard left him (Markov, Price, MaxPac, Subban, Pleks, Gallagher), etc.

He didn't mortgage the future, and yet this is the "future" we've inherited. Any of you pleased with what we got?

Drafting and development are at the heart of the problem. Drafting improved towards the end of Nero’s regime, but we are witnessing the consequences nearly a decade of zilch. Some of it was bad luck (2012 was a dud year), but there were some bad decisions.

There were some good trades, bad signings, etc. but this remains the fundamental issue.

Also, they should have gone for it in 2014.

Ya. MB wasn't brutal and didn't really mortgage the future.
I don't think he wanted to screw the team over by going for it and he did it conservatively and almost got there. I can see him getting another gig one day.

I didn’t really want to make the apology of MB. His main downfall was ignoring the player development aspect and being too reactive. Still the trash he left us are:

Suzuki
Caufield
Guhle
Harris
WiFi
Mailloux
RHP
Evans
Anderson
Montambeault
Allen
Farrell
Roy
Kidney
Romanov (traded for Dach)
Toffoli, traded for a first (Mesar) and Heineman
Lehkonen traded for Barron and a 2nd
Chiarot traded for a first
Edmundston to be traded soon

On the downside we have an albatross in Gallagher, a hard to move contract in Armia and a minor inconvenience in Hoffman.

It’s not a terrible starting hand by any mean.

Yes he left us Caufield but that's a stretch to me. A monkey could have made that pick.

Too bad there were no monkeys present in Philly that day.

I didn’t really want to make the apology of MB. His main downfall was ignoring the player development aspect and being too reactive. Still the trash he left us are:

Suzuki
Good trade for us. Even though Max is the better player he's always hurt.
🙈🙊🙉🐒
Good pick. I was against it.
Solid
1684503659277.gif
Ballsy move. He knew he was leaving and did that for the organization I think. If so major respect.
This is the type of guy that makes it regardless. Good on the Habs to recognize his drive.
Soon traded for a fourth round pick
1684503779108.gif
Montambeault
Another guy with drive and I'm feeling he's going to be one of these guys that figures it out at 29.
Price insurance.

Just got priced out of the market
Love this kid
Buddy loves this kid
Reminds me of Ribeiro. Not sure if he can stick though.
Romanov (traded for Dach)
Lol
Toffoli, traded for a first (Mesar) and Heineman
Lol part II
Lehkonen traded for Barron and a 2nd
Thought he should have gotten more
Chiarot traded for a first
RN looking like a even deal

On the downside we have an albatross in Gallagher, a hard to move contract in Armia and a minor inconvenience in Hoffman.

It’s not a terrible starting hand by any mean.
1684503983203.gif

The Habs can finish last every year and raise ticket prices every year and every game will still be sold out. Frustrated or not, they never stop showing up so...

Fuck the fans.

Back