• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

If the above in bold hit close to expectations , Habs are in great shape

I expect Hugo to dangle some kids along the way for immediate young help

Michkov if he is the guy is a huge bonus down the road
Some will hit, some will miss. The good news is we finally are not counting on them all to hit.

a) fans paying big money are owed a competitive team

b) we put up with two brutal years

c) patience is wearing thin, remember the boos during some games next year

d) if we wait long enough, we will have to get rid of 14 and 22 as they will be considered "old"
a) fuck the fans. They are owed nothing. If they don't like it they can fuck off and 10 others will jump in line to take their places.
b) so what? If the Bergy/Timmins shit show couldn't stop them from buying tickets and merch a proper rebuild under HuGo shouldn't stop them either.
c) again, fuck the fans. They'll wait for as long as it takes and they'll put up with whatever they have to put up with because there isn't another NHL team for them to obsess over.
d) 14 and 22 aren't necessarily going to be the reasons we win a Cup. They may just be players who get us headed that way. But regardless it will take as long as it takes. There are no shortcuts. You either do it properly or you fail. Doing it properly doesn't guarantee a Cup but doing it half-assed does guarantee failure.

So basically and in a nutshell, fuck the fans. I double dog dare them to stop showing up. As long as they keep putting money into the team's coffers I couldn't care less how happy they are. If 21,273 people want to buy tickets to 41 home games to boo, if they want to buy $300 jerseys to toss on the ice, be my guest. If they don't like it they can always stop spending (they won't, of course, but they could theoretically) So fuck em.

we are both in customer service
The Habs aren't in the customer service business. They're in the sports entertainment business (and, like all pro sports franchises nowadays, they're mostly in the real estate development and speculation business) They have no mandate to give a shit about the fans. The only recourse their customers have is to stop buying the product. But since they are the only such product in town the choice for the customer is to either buy it or do without it altogether. And since fans in Montreal have proven time and time again that no amount of on-ice failure is ever going to get them to stop buying it, team management is free to run the team any way it sees fit.

If your firm was the only one in town you could say "Fuck the customers" too.

I missed that video. The fight at the actual game I assumed was wehave.

And thanks!
Why would I fight at an Oilers game. I have no emotional investment there. I wanted them to win for my own entertainment purposes but I don't really care if they win or don't. I only care about two teams. I care about the Habs winning and I care about the Leafs losing. Now that I no longer need to care about either of those things until next season, my hockey season is over. I don't care who wins the Cup nor will I be watching.

This whole “Fuck the fans” debate misses the mark.

Habs bottomed out two years ago, cleaned house and new management is trying to build a winner.

Unfortunately, it takes time. This ain’t the NFL
where a last place team can turn things around quickly in two drafts if they hit on an elite QB and a bunch of plug and play starters in the middle rounds

This whole “Fuck the fans” debate misses the mark.

Habs bottomed out two years ago, cleaned house and new management is trying to build a winner.

Unfortunately, it takes time. This ain’t the NFL
where a last place team can turn things around quickly in two drafts if they hit on an elite QB and a bunch of plug and play starters in the middle rounds
it shouldn't take 5 yrs to be competitive

it shouldn't take 5 yrs to be competitive

It takes as long as guys like Slafkowsky, Beck, Mailloux, Hutson, Mesar, Roy (insert name of this year’s pick) take to develop.

Even if the Habs had cap space, there’s nobody on the UFA market that would move the needle.

If things bounce their way, I can see the Habs being in the playoff hunt in 24-25

Back