• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

Apparently, the habs offered Dvorak, Anderson, and a 1st for Dubois last summer

Pierre-Luc Dubois

Dubois has been adamant that he did not go to the 2022 draft in Montreal with the expectation that he would be traded to the Canadiens. That may be true but it doesn’t change Montreal’s interest in the player, the player’s interest in Montreal and the fact that the Jets and Canadiens talked trade multiple times last summer. One version of the discussion I’ve heard says Winnipeg was after Nick Suzuki — a non-starter for Montreal — while the Canadiens tried to build a package around Christian Dvorak, Josh Anderson and a first-round pick. I think a package involving Kirby Dach and futures might be a way for the teams to meet in the middle.

My best guess: Dubois is traded to Montreal before the draft.

Uncertainty level: There’s been so much smoke here. Anything can happen but I think it’s more likely than a long-term extension or a trade to another team.

He's just an idiot. Dubois will be a UFA in a year, no one is giving up another top 2 lines center for him,
It's for the idiot fans to talk about. Hope!

They will get a rental fee at deadline, maybe it will be pretty good but I doubt it if they know Dubois is going to market.

He wasn't brutal, but the reason we're stuck in a long-term rebuild is directly thanks to him.

Count's nickname for him was always the best way to describe him: Nero. He sat on his hands while the proverbial city burned down.

He kept Timmins in position, who had one of the worst drafting records in the league during The Charlatan's reign, he kept his buddies in position despite overwhelming proof that they're not competent, made minimal efforts to actually try winning besides leaning on the players Gainey/Savard left him (Markov, Price, MaxPac, Subban, Pleks, Gallagher), etc.

He didn't mortgage the future, and yet this is the "future" we've inherited. Any of you pleased with what we got?
A proper rebuild? Ya I'm happy with that.

We got slaf and michkov because he didn't mortgage the future.

LM, Guhle, Harris

Kidney, Roy, Farrell

Suzuki, caufield

But yes those long term deals to the like of gally were bad.

That is not a terrible starting place for Hughes.

I didn’t really want to make the apology of MB. His main downfall was ignoring the player development aspect and being too reactive. Still the trash he left us are:

Suzuki
Caufield
Guhle
Harris
WiFi
Mailloux
RHP
Evans
Anderson
Montambeault
Allen
Farrell
Roy
Kidney
Romanov (traded for Dach)
Toffoli, traded for a first (Mesar) and Heineman
Lehkonen traded for Barron and a 2nd
Chiarot traded for a first
Edmundston to be traded soon

On the downside we have an albatross in Gallagher, a hard to move contract in Armia and a minor inconvenience in Hoffman.

It’s not a terrible starting hand by any mean.
Guess I should have just kept reading

Pr
A proper rebuild? Ya I'm happy with that.

We got slaf and michkov because he didn't mortgage the future.

LM, Guhle, Harris

Kidney, Roy, Farrell

Suzuki, caufield

But yes those long term deals to the like of gally were bad.

That is not a terrible starting place for Hughes.
Problem is Nero never rebuilt , only patched to futility

2016 should of started the reboot

Back