• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

Buffalo has some interest in Hart, apparently, leaving Devon Levi as a potential player to be moved. An all Quebec born goalie duo would be a dream scenario for certain media members.
Yeah, like a latter day Bunny Larocque and Michel Plasse tandem (may their souls rest in peace)

On the cheap. I'm not on board with paying a lot for Hart. There's flawed in his game that he still hasn't corrected.

Maybe Price should be out goalie coach 🤔

Buffalo has some interest in Hart, apparently, leaving Devon Levi as a potential player to be moved. An all Quebec born goalie duo would be a dream scenario for certain media members.
Those "certain media members" you refer to would likely not consider Levi to be Quebecois at all, given that legally, he can also play for Israel's national team internationally.

Those "certain media members" you refer to would likely not consider Levi to be Quebecois at all, given that legally, he can also play for Israel's national team internationally.
I suspect if he has desires to play internationally, it would be higher than division 2 where the state of Israel plays

Buffalo is gunning for Levi to be their 1G

They need a vet to buy some time , but he isnt being going anywhere

There was a segment on French radio on Monday that was wondering out loud why so many players who came here didn't make an effort to learn French.

And the guy doing the radio isn't some racist cretin like Rejean Tremblay, it was Pierre Houde's brother Paul.

The language issue will always be present because there will always be people who will ask why Price, why Pacioretty, why (insert player here) never "respected" the culture here and learned French.

It is an unfortunate reality of this city.

There was a segment on French radio on Monday that was wondering out loud why so many players who came here didn't make an effort to learn French.

And the guy doing the radio isn't some racist cretin like Rejean Tremblay, it was Pierre Houde's brother Paul.

The language issue will always be present because there will always be people who will ask why Price, why Pacioretty, why (insert player here) never "respected" the culture here and learned French.

It is an unfortunate reality of this city.
Why should they? Seriously?

The Hispanic population here doesn't whine and cry, they teach their kids both English and Spanish . Now the hard heads are wondering why people don't give a fuck about French? France lost, like almost every war. It's a colloquial language, not an international one.

He used such a ludicrous argument to try to bolster his point when he brought up Messi and his departure from PSG. Said that some people in Paris mentioned to him that one of the reasons he was so disliked during his tenure there was that Messi didn't try to learn French. I'm sure that was the reason he was booed there and not the fact that he & the team grossly underachieved.

Sal's 100% right. This is one of the many aspects of the culture war.

Except there is no war except between the French and reality. They're a proud people but they lost. French isn't a commerce language.

He used such a ludicrous argument to try to bolster his point when he brought up Messi and his departure from PSG. Said that some people in Paris mentioned to him that one of the reasons he was so disliked during his tenure there was that Messi didn't try to learn French. I'm sure that was the reason he was booed there and not the fact that he & the team grossly underachieved.

Sal's 100% right. This is one of the many aspects of the culture war.

Yah, agree that’s absurd. Their supporters are notoriously nasty and they didn’t appreciate the perceived carpetbaggers. (Personally I found it amusing.)

Why should they? Seriously?

The Hispanic population here doesn't whine and cry, they teach their kids both English and Spanish . Now the hard heads are wondering why people don't give a fuck about French? France lost, like almost every war. It's a colloquial language, not an international one.
Remember what I said about cultural and linguistic chauvinism. French schoolchildren in Quebec haven't been taught that the French lost the battle on the Plains of Abraham, they've been taught that they were sold out. Some textbooks still show Labrador as being part of Quebec instead of Newfoundland.

Remember what I said about cultural and linguistic chauvinism. French schoolchildren in Quebec haven't been taught that the French lost the battle on the Plains of Abraham, they've been taught that they were sold out. Some textbooks still show Labrador as being part of Quebec instead of Newfoundland.
they were sold out, Voltaire and the French court cared little about Canada as they cared more about the European theatre (you don't worry about the barn when the manor is on fire" and "Canada is a few acres of snow"

Back