• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

I'd actually seriously think about it. I wish Hanifin was 2-3 years younger, but I'd think long and hard about it.

If I’m Calgary I’m calling Time Out on trading NHL core for a little while and try to figure shit out.

They should have absolutely made the playoffs this year and they should be better next year now that Grandpa Simpson isn’t the coach anymore.

Reactions: CH1
If I’m Calgary I’m calling Time Out on trading NHL core for a little while and try to figure shit out.

They should have absolutely made the playoffs this year and they should be better next year now that Grandpa Simpson isn’t the coach anymore.

Yep… but I hope it all falls apart anyway because I believe we have their first rounder in 2025

Hanifin is definitely not a "3-4 D". He's a legit first pairing d-man on a good team, albeit more of a #2 than a #1.

I don't think we have a single first pairing defenseman in our prospect pipeline. Hanifin, to me, is exactly what some here think Guhle will be. I don't think Guhle's ever going to be a first pairing d-man on a good team.

The way I see it is, it's very difficult to find a legitimate first pairing d-man that is still in his prime and while the end of his contract isn't going to be great, but even if he can't put up ~40 points every year, he'll still be good defensively.

Hanifin is definitely not a "3-4 D". He's a legit first pairing d-man on a good team, albeit more of a #2 than a #1.

I don't think we have a single first pairing defenseman in our prospect pipeline. Hanifin, to me, is exactly what some here think Guhle will be. I don't think Guhle's ever going to be a first pairing d-man on a good team.

The way I see it is, it's very difficult to find a legitimate first pairing d-man that is still in his prime and while the end of his contract isn't going to be great, but even if he can't put up ~40 points every year, he'll still be good defensively.
Guhle will eventually anchor the second pair and he will be very good there. Like what happened to Petry once Weber arrived.

Slot him correctly and he'll be a minute eating stud for us.

Guhle will eventually anchor the second pair and he will be very good there. Like what happened to Petry once Weber arrived.

Slot him correctly and he'll be a minute eating stud for us.
I think that's what Guhle will end up as. And for a middle first round pick? That's excellent.

However, if he's on our first pairing, it's because we're either still in the bottom of the league or really thin on D.

I think that's what Guhle will end up as. And for a middle first round pick? That's excellent.

However, if he's on our first pairing, it's because we're either still in the bottom of the league or really thin on D.
Watch out for Mailloux. This is a reflective kid that almost got fucked out of a hockey career by his own stupidity. If he learned that valuable lesson then there should be motivation to succeed. He has the tools for a #2.

I know people with scoff because of his size and lack of physicality but Hutson is showing #1 D talent.

Back