• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

Watch out for Mailloux. This is a reflective kid that almost got fucked out of a hockey career by his own stupidity. If he learned that valuable lesson then there should be motivation to succeed. He has the tools for a #2.

I know people with scoff because of his size and lack of physicality but Hutson is showing #1 D talent.
He does, but he's also got a lot to improve on. Offensively, he's got a lot going for him, but he's a very big WIP in his own end.

He does, but he's also got a lot to improve on. Offensively, he's got a lot going for him, but he's a very big WIP in his own end.
He cannot be paired with another offensive guy. If Xhekaj improves, and he has every year he's played, that would be a good pairing. But we need Weber as our D coach and Price as our goalies coach. Why? There's other ways to get your name on the cup.

I also think they would help these kids understand opportunities missed.

Let Mailloux slowly develop his D game on the farm… the guy is way behind. He’s only played the equivalent of ONE junior season in his life. Too early to “slot him in” on a Habs depth chart

Let Mailloux slowly develop his D game on the farm… the guy is way behind. He’s only played the equivalent of ONE junior season in his life. Too early to “slot him in” on a Habs depth chart
Agreed. He's on the right path though. Let's see how he does against AHL players.

Hanifin is definitely not a "3-4 D". He's a legit first pairing d-man on a good team, albeit more of a #2 than a #1.

I don't think we have a single first pairing defenseman in our prospect pipeline. Hanifin, to me, is exactly what some here think Guhle will be. I don't think Guhle's ever going to be a first pairing d-man on a good team.

The way I see it is, it's very difficult to find a legitimate first pairing d-man that is still in his prime and while the end of his contract isn't going to be great, but even if he can't put up ~40 points every year, he'll still be good defensively.
He is a first D pair if his partner is Pietro , Makar , or Hedman

On his own he cant anchor a top pair

I can live with 6x6 but not stupid money his agent will ask for

Guhle is a better skater and wont need much time be just as effective

Mailloux and Hutson have top line potential but need time and some luck

Isnt he eligible for one more year in London

Hanafin is 26 and will be looking to cash in bigly. This is the prime time contract, the one where he has to max out on money and term. I'd be wary. He's good but he's not Makar good.

I’m slightly annoyed seeing Harris being thrown around as trade filler on this board. He’s going to have a solid if not spectacular career in the NHL. He’s very good, and while somewhat expendable, we should value him appropriately.

Nobody's Makar good and Makar (foolishly) took the most team-friendly contract in the NHL that isn't an ELC.

But, Hanifin would solidify our first pairing for a while, while sheltering Guhle/Xhekaj/Harris on the left side.

Nobody's Makar good and Makar (foolishly) took the most team-friendly contract in the NHL that isn't an ELC.

But, Hanifin would solidify our first pairing for a while, while sheltering Guhle/Xhekaj/Harris on the left side.
I’m not trading our 5th for him but depending on the contract, I would consider Guhle plus Panthers.

Back