• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

So according to TSN, Carolina's trying to re-sign Brett Pesce this summer, but they might be looking to trade him if they can't come to an agreement.

Any interest?

Long term, meh, he’ll be 29 soon.

Aside: looking at capfriendly, about 80% of that team need new contacts now or in 1 year and they have cap space.

If we were two years ahead in the rebuild I'd take a long look. That's a quality Dman but I don't think I would do it because the first three years would be a waste and a lot of money.

So according to TSN, Carolina's trying to re-sign Brett Pesce this summer, but they might be looking to trade him if they can't come to an agreement.

Any interest?
Perfect trade for Treliving for Willy

Leafs desperate for D , Canes need offence

If we were two years ahead in the rebuild I'd take a long look. That's a quality Dman but I don't think I would do it because the first three years would be a waste and a lot of money.

Just feel LM/Hutson are going to be just as good if not more offensive upside than him and don't want to trade either. You are going to pay premium money for Pesce for his contract and to acquire him, doesn't really make sense.

Yes and no.

Kotkaniemi could be bought out before he turns 26 for a minimal caphit (for a long time, I grant you) and they'll be out of his contract. So another three years.

If they were to buy him out in the summer of 2026, they would be stuck with a dead cap penalty for eight years. $850k caphit for years 1 and 5 to 8, and $470k for years 2-4. That's very manageable.

Back