• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumors: 2024-25 Season

Habsy's Strain of the Evening rumor. If this ends up in some aholes blog then he reads the board...

Habs move D and whatever to Winnipeg for PLD.

Habs then move Dach plus whatever to CBJ for #3 overall pick.

Habs draft Carlsson with number 3.

Habs trade #5 plus picks or prospect to Detroit for 9 & 17.

Result

Carlsson is the center we need barring elite. A guy that will eventually shut down the elite while scoring as well. Habs fans don't bitch about bailing on Michkov because of Carlsson.

Habs use 9 & 17 to replace outgoing D with either Reinbacher or Sandin-Pellikka at 9 and Musty at 17.

Walk away with

Carlsson
Reinbacher or Sandin-Pellikka
Musty or whomever

Plus PLD.

Outgoing

Dach
D (presumed Harris)
Panther pick
Other picks

If Dach is leaving then I'm not swapping picks unless its the Florida pick. It'll be Dach and something or someone of little importance for #3 and we keep #5 so we can get Carlsson AND Michkov.

Habsy's Strain of the Evening rumor. If this ends up in some aholes blog then he reads the board...

Habs move D and whatever to Winnipeg for PLD.

Habs then move Dach plus whatever to CBJ for #3 overall pick.

Habs draft Carlsson with number 3.

Habs trade #5 plus picks or prospect to Detroit for 9 & 17.

Result

Carlsson is the center we need barring elite. A guy that will eventually shut down the elite while scoring as well. Habs fans don't bitch about bailing on Michkov because of Carlsson.

Habs use 9 & 17 to replace outgoing D with either Reinbacher or Sandin-Pellikka at 9 and Musty at 17.

Walk away with

Carlsson
Reinbacher or Sandin-Pellikka
Musty or whomever

Plus PLD.

Outgoing

Dach
D (presumed Harris)
Panther pick
Other picks
HUGO will do something big on draft night

I was merely setting WeHave straight. He seemed to imply that his trade scenario was plausible.
It's implausible but the only scenario which I would accept.

If this were any other year we'd all be bitching that we didn't tank hard enough to get a chance at Michkov. Now he might fall into our laps and we're all trying to come up with scenarios where we can get someone else or where we can avoid the choice of having to take him at all. It's nuts. If Michkov is on the board at 5 you take him and start building floats for the parade.

Saw a rumour suggesting the Habs have called the Ducks about cost of acquiring the 2nd overall pick. Fantilli would be the prize but he won’t come cheap.
This might be the last year for Hugo to do some serious draft dealing

Habs arent drafting top 5 next year

This might be the last year for Hugo to do some serious draft dealing

Habs arent drafting top 5 next year
I'd feel a lot less disappointed in not picking Michkov if we can get Fantilli. But if we pass on Michkov to take Smith? No bueno. Fantilli is the only other guy I want aside from Michkov and of course Bedard. He's a lead pipe cinch to be a star center.

So according to TSN, Carolina's trying to re-sign Brett Pesce this summer, but they might be looking to trade him if they can't come to an agreement.

Any interest?

Back