• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Season Ending State of the Union / Expansion Draft Thread

No side deals to protect a player. Seattle can go pound sand.

I hope they listen to you....take whomever you want....it's not like any of our dmen are Makar or Hedman...nonsense to waste a draft pick to protect Chiarot-Edmunston-Petry-Weber

And I like Chiarot....i'm one of the rare ones that defend him around here (Hair please disregard my post)

If they were willing to waive their NMC, Minny could have simply expose them to the draft. I think the biggest issue was finding a team willing to put them on their protection list.

Still makes no sense how they handled this shit

I know the 12 year deals were going to bite them in the ass at some point but.............

I guess Guerin’s Wild are the anti TBay. Instead of finding loopholes to avoid cap penalties they accept them head on in the full spirit of the CBA.

I suspect they asked both to waive NMC for expansion draft and both said no ...but that’s just me speculating. Remember Minny needs to get Fiala & Kaprizov signed and rumor has it he wants $10M+ to stay in NHL

Lou is going to grab Parise without a doubt

TB is landing Suter .................they will find a way

Question for the brilliant minds on this board - I’m assuming Seattle’s asking price for striking deals w teams is absurdly high, so...

Could Allen be traded to a team with a slot open for a goalie to protect at expansion draft, and be re-acquired, post expansion draft? Paper transaction?

i.e trade Allen to Sabres for a 5th, with an arrangement in place that Habs will pay a 3rd rounder to re-acquire? Is that even legal or would the league annul such a deal?
That's similar to cap circumvention and I believe they won't approve it.

If he changes numbers I'd be happy to sell you my son's no. 22 jersey that just arrive two weeks ago.
Last jersey I bought a few months ago was a vintage Cournoyer. I had the collar redone as a red v neck and had the 76 Olympics patches sewn on to the shoulders. Can't go wrong with vintage.

Lets see if Habs figured out a way to pull off “da Kucherov”...

no small part of "da Kucherov" plan is making the playoffs....they're gonna need some major UFA or trade re-enforcements to get there

Back