• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Season Ending State of the Union / Expansion Draft Thread

MB asked Jo Jo to get a new contract done, Jo Jo told MB to focus on the season and upcoming playoffs, and they could discuss after...

He said he's got one year left on his contract and will honor it. Nothing about an extension or a desire to remain beyond next season.

Perchance to dream...

No pressers for Price, Shea, or Gallagher today (but all three did speak after game 5)

I wonder who decides this shit -- also no Kulak, Romy, Gusto, Merril but we heard from Cayden Primeau for some reason.

he let something out that might be foreshadowing this.... talking about the kids (Suzuki, CC, KK, Romy) he said "this franchise will be solid long after I'm gone"
He said it at his intro PC back in 2012, he’d never make a deal or sacrifice the future to save his own job. Say what you want...he’s a man of his words. I think he’s going to bail shortly either pre or right after the draft.

He’s either going back to Chi-town or join his buddies Robitaille & Brisson in LA

If you're in the NHL, you're not refusing contracts, especially not high salaried contracts, unless a) You don't want to work in the NHL anymore or b) You've got another contract awaiting you somewhere else.

I don't think The Charlatan is long for this job. He's a hockey lifer, and I think he'll be in hockey until they push him out.

If you're in the NHL, you're not refusing contracts, especially not high salaried contracts, unless a) You don't want to work in the NHL anymore or b) You've got another contract awaiting you somewhere else.

I don't think The Charlatan is long for this job. He's a hockey lifer, and I think he'll be in hockey until they push him out.
I think the inside hockey world views MB in a very different light vs Habs fandom....and MB knows it

The biggest concern for any employer is a good employee w options

Back