• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Season Ending State of the Union / Expansion Draft Thread

Price won’t play more than 45-50GP going forwards, so it’s really closer to a 50/50 split during regular season, but the cause for thought if I’m Dreidger is I won’t get any playoff action..

Aka backup

Just point out..that’s $700K more in a no state tax locale, for a G w/o NHL track record, who has never had to perform in a market like Mtl.

Allen has the best bang for the buck contract for a solid backup, hence, the desire to protect him

Of course he was willing to play in Seattle. It was a calculated play. In fact we don't even know if maybe he preferred to be in Seattle.

that’s one side of it

how about the player’s side of it...Why would Driedger rush to sign a deal with a team that may pencil in him as the backup?

he would be better to see where else he can land
His experience is seriously low though. Not so sure he can call those shots.

His experience is seriously low though. Not so sure he can call those shots.
He's got 38 GP, so yeah, locking in 10m is not a bad thing. Even behind Price, he's getting 30-40 games a year, and can always demand a trade if he wants out in a year or two.

Rumors making the rounds - Seattle closing in on signing Danault

Friedman saying Eichel talk w NYR and Minny - everyone else has dropped out, teams refusing to offer top end prospects

Last edited:
So does Seattle have to select Phil tomorrow, or can they sign him and still select someone else on who's not on our protected list?

There was no way he was going to get that type of deal from the Habs, so good for him. Too bad as won't be able to use the draft as a cap dump, ideally Drouin, or even Price (for Pettersson according to the rumours).

So does Seattle have to select Phil tomorrow, or can they sign him and still select someone else on who's not on our protected list?
Seattle’s exclusive window w UFAs closes tomorrow prior to draft - if they are not signed by the deadline they need to compete w the market for the player on UFA day

There was no way he was going to get that type of deal from the Habs, so good for him. Too bad as won't be able to use the draft as a cap dump, ideally Drouin, or even Price (for Pettersson according to the rumours).
I think Drouin hangs up his skates, LTIR for next 2-years

Back