• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Season Ending State of the Union / Expansion Draft Thread

You have to believe the thought is Carey can get them to the playoffs while they build their farm. They're tempted for sure.

How? His regular season performances have been putrid for several years.

Though I enjoyed his last run, Price is broken.

Current rumours aside, he gets injured multiple times per year.... and that’s just going to get worse as he gets older

How? His regular season performances have been putrid for several years.

Though I enjoyed his last run, Price is broken.

Current rumours aside, he gets injured multiple times per year.... and that’s just going to get worse as he gets older
They look at his cup run. Recency bias.

You have to believe the thought is Carey can get them to the playoffs while they build their farm. They're tempted for sure.
They can get to the playoffs without Price, in that division. Plus . . . Price is not good in the regular season.

fantastic run, but they also won’t ignore the last 4 yrs of Reg season Price

What is it you're arguing here? Sounds like something I'm not again.
Never mind... you can’t seem to remember you wrote that Price will be viewed as a goalie that helps teams make the playoffs

Never mind... you can’t seem to remember you wrote that Price will be viewed as a goalie that helps teams make the playoffs
I said that is the only way I can see them even taking him because I don't see them doing so.

Reactions: CH1
Absolutely it does preclude them from taking Price
Like I posted earlier does Francis want to commit to $15M+ on goaltending...unless he’s overruled by ownership mandate - it’s clear Hockey Ops votes no Price

That’s what I expected Dreidger to get

Like I posted earlier does Francis want to commit to $15M+ on goaltending...unless he’s overruled by ownership mandate - it’s clear Hockey Ops votes no Price

that’s one side of it

how about the player’s side of it...Why would Driedger rush to sign a deal with a team that may pencil in him as the backup?

he would be better to see where else he can land

that’s one side of it

how about the player’s side of it...Why would Driedger rush to sign a deal with a team that may pencil in him as the backup?

he would be better to see where else he can land
Price won’t play more than 45-50GP going forwards, so it’s really closer to a 50/50 split during regular season, but the cause for thought if I’m Dreidger is I won’t get any playoff action..

Back