• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Season Ending State of the Union / Expansion Draft Thread

Also, I don't believe for a second that Price didn't waive his NMC if we wasn't either, a) expecting to go and/or b) hoping to go.
However it will leave a stain on his image/legacy with fanbase here….he basically is saying « i want out »

Losing Price for nothing and Shea Weber being out for the season (possibly unofficially retiring) is possibly one of the greatest things that could have happened to this team.

The Canadiens were already a mediocre team with them, and now you subtract them? A real, proper rebuild, please.
Don't hold your breath for that. Geoff said last year that the reset was over.

Losing Price for nothing and Shea Weber being out for the season (possibly unofficially retiring) is possibly one of the greatest things that could have happened to this team.

The Canadiens were already a mediocre team with them, and now you subtract them? A real, proper rebuild, please.
$10.5 million worth of cap space is not nothing.

Adam Larson will be their pick from Edmonton. Signing a 4 year 4 million per year deal with Seattle.

also seems like they are taking Jamie Oleksiak from Dallas

I don't think Kulak would have ever been their choice.

Price, Danault(if signed), JD, Byron would be the 4 i think theyd be discussing. MAYBE Evans

It’s not semantics. A rebuild implies tearing down the existing structure to its studs. That won’t happen here. I also don’t believe that Weber is going to miss the whole season and I’m “happy” to lose Danault and Drouin.
That's why this team will never accomplish anything but marginal improvements followed by setbacks. At some point you have to stop with the band-aids and half measures. You need to blow it to smithereens and start from scratch.

And before someone chimes in with the inevitable "the fans won't accept a rebuild" save your keystrokes. There was a time when this fanbase wouldn't accept losing of any kind but aside from the last two Covid-assisted playoff runs, this team has only made the postseason legitimately once since 2015 and the fans have accepted this because at the end of the day, what choice have they got? The fans have shown time and time again that no amount of managerial incompetence or poor on-ice performance is going to stop them from paying top dollar prices to watch the games. So the Habs can do whatever they want without fear. Tank, tear it down, hire an Anglo coach. You name it. Nothing is going to stop the fans from lining up and demanding that Geoff Molson take their money.

Back