• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shane Wright

Wright may not turn out to be the best in the draft but as long as he's good for us I'm fine.
Exactly. It's good that our need at C coincides with the possibility that Wright could turn out to be the best player in the draft. There was never a chance that KK was going to be the 3rd best player in his draft year. Never. That was pure need-based . . . and foolish.

I wanted Hughes and was adverse to Tkachuk. I just didn't see enough upside. I was wrong.
I was exactly the same. I really didn't want Tkachuk or Zadina. Wanted Hughes but was okay with KK. Guess we were half wrong. Hughes was the right pick... but BT would have been a good pick too.

I was the Zadina guy. Home town junior bias I suppose, since I was more familiar with him. And he was fantastic that year. Still not convinced he will not outpace some of the others over time.....well, at least one.

Last edited:
Wright may not turn out to be the best in the draft but as long as he's good for us I'm fine.
I agree. The commonly-made Tavares comparison is pretty good as I'd say he's been passed in his draft year by Hedman, but he's still a completely valid first overall pick (other than the ditching his team and being despised by the fanbase stuff...)

For those who are too cheap for The Athletic, another link you could click on if you so choose.

Back