• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shane Wright

Yeah, like you're all being forced to click a link against your will.
Willingness has nothing to do with it. Just make sure that what you post is readable. When you know it's a paid website copy-paste the text of the article into your post instead of just the link.

Wright may not turn out to be the best in the draft but as long as he's good for us I'm fine.
I think it's safe to say that whether he becomes the best player from the draft is less important than that he become a good, every day NHL top 2 center for many years. That will justify picking him first overall.

In retrospect, had Bergeron been selected 1st OA nobody, least of all the Bruins, would have any complaints. Maybe someone else in that draft class scored more points, but he wouldn't be considered a mistake.

As long as Wright doesn't wind up being another Nugent-Hopkins, Yakupov or Nolan Patrick I'm good.

Is it so hard to say you were wrong?

Or does that imply some other nonsense you want to makeup as you usually do?

I like the Athletic but how they write about Logan Mailloux is infantile and hypocritical … worse, when comments call the writers out, they black them out even when the criticism is well reasoned and upvoted.

Their Habs coverage is mediocre; I get my $2/mo worth with their articles on the Vikings and Raptors

I like the Athletic but how they write about Logan Mailloux is infantile and hypocritical … worse, when comments call the writers out, they black them out even when the criticism is well reasoned and upvoted.

Their Habs coverage is mediocre; I get my $2/mo worth with their articles on the Vikings and Raptors
Exactly. I also read Bills and Heat stuff. Well worth the cup of coffee at Walmart.

Yeah I get good value out of their Seahawks coverage and overall NHL coverage as well. I didn’t like their take on Mailloux but that was the same with every single writer in Montreal. I found their articles to be insightful, if not numerous. Ironically I find the Habs coverage to be mediocre overall across all publications. Too much crap articles and click baits, lots of dinosaurs with obsolète ideas, very few fresh takes.

The Athletic does like to virtue signal sure but it's the new world where there's too much emphasis on mental health. One day it'll be just right.
#goldilocks

I’m happy with my subscription to the athletic. Arpon is both smart and woke. He adds a lot of value to the discussion. I just ignore his political bullshit. It’s like I did with Don Cherry.

Both idiots in their own way.

There's a few writers on The Athletic that I don't like, such Arpon Basu when he channels his inner-eunuch as mentioned above.

But to me, it's like saying, I like Carl Jung, but he wrote about [insert example here] therefore all of his work isn't worth my time.

Just skip the stuff you don't like and read what you do like. The Athletic is worth is just for Dane Brugler's NFL Draft coverage.

As we're talking media, what Habs/Hockey podcast do you listen to? Tellement Hockey is pretty good for the french speakers.

I don't listen to much in terms of hockey podcasts, but I listen to Drette Sul Tappe from time to time. They had an interview with Marc Denis not too long ago, and they have Simon Boisvert on every year for the draft.

Back