• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shane Wright

Wright and Slafkovsky would be awesome. Or do you hedge your bet and take Cooley and Wright?
I’m weary of recency bias having experienced it w AKos & KK (shot up due to U18 tourney) but Slafkovsky would be hard to pass up w 2OA pick

I’m weary of recency bias having experienced it w AKos & KK (shot up due to U18 tourney) but Slafkovsky would be hard to pass up w 2OA pick
That's how I'd go with both picks. I'm also cool with moving down to 2 or 3. Although with the draft in Montreal having the top two picks would be epic. I'd have to fly up.

I wouldn't mind getting the second pick, however that pick isn't going to come cheaply and I'm not interested in paying a hefty price for it.

If we had the 1st & 2nd pick, Wright & Slafkovsky, honorable mention to Nemec.

Unless Holland gets drunk and hands you Leon or Dubas gives you 34 , no immediate help is helping them make the playoffs

Dougie took the money , he isnt a difference maker
It’s a given NJD will open the vault for Gaudreau if he hits the market.

Gaudreau + immediate help @ D or W w 2OA will position them to be a playoff team next season.

It’s a given NJD will open the vault for Gaudreau if he hits the market.

Gaudreau + immediate help @ D or W w 2OA will position them to be a playoff team next season.

Gaudreau will help but he is 29 and another small player , another albatross deal like Hamilton in the making

Apparently NJD GM once again came out publicly to state he’s looking to deal 2OA for immediate help, and making playoffs this season is imperative.

Not sure if Anderson + Cgy 1st + Struble / Harris gets it done.

I wouldn’t want to include Guhle as the prospect component (vs Struble / Harris), however, if push comes to shove not sure…

Wright and Slafkovsky would make for a solid core addition to keep building upon
That's terrible for the Devils. I'd imagine they hang up at anything that doesn't include Caufield, Suzuki or Romanov.

We have no luck. If we draft Cooley he’s a sure bust as he wouldn’t be able to live up to the Wright comparison.
I've said this before here but I wouldn't want our top 2 centers both under 6 feet . . . although I'd obviously take Bedard next year if we get that opportunity.

Back