• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shane Wright

It has 14 total in the 2022 NHL Draft — two first-round picks, two seconds, three thirds, three fourths, a fifth, a sixth and two sevenths.

I don't think for a second we're going to be using all of the picks.

I do think, however, we will be deferring to later years. For example, we've had two drafts in a row where we traded our pick for an equivalent pick in the draft the following year & a little something extra.

Quick trivia: We did that not too long ago with Tampa Bay, they took Jack Finlay:

2020-Oct-07 Draft pick rights traded from Montreal Canadiens to Tampa Bay Lightning for round 4 pick in the 2020 draft (Sean Farrell) and round 2 pick in the 2021 draft

I also think that we're in great position to move up if we need to.

Or just use all the picks….if it’s not a great draft year, more reason to use all our ammo in hopes of hitting on some picks.

sometimes these hockey experts are wrong, and these weak draft classes might turn out great because Covid prevented scouts from seeing them

I wouldn't move Guhle because once you trade him, you'll be looking right away to replace him.

He's the only d-man of his type we have in the pipeline.

Exactly , the only close to sure thing we have for a top 3 D in the system

Or just use all the picks….if it’s not a great draft year, more reason to use all our ammo in hopes of hitting on some picks.

sometimes these hockey experts are wrong, and these weak draft classes might turn out great because Covid prevented scouts from seeing them

Plus , there are prospects we are not going to resign so keep feeding the funnel

Yep....

Didn't Bergy trade some of our late picks last draft for late picks in this year's draft ? It's nice to try and project future drafts, but sometimes it's all hype. Remember how everyone wanted to tank to get Jack Hugues.....he was supposed to be the next best thing.....well, he's good, but I don't think you tank for Jack Hugues in hindsight

Is Anderson worth a 1st rounder? He's 28 years old.
Yep....

Didn't Bergy trade some of our late picks last draft for late picks in this year's draft ? It's nice to try and project future drafts, but sometimes it's all hype. Remember how everyone wanted to tank to get Jack Hugues.....he was supposed to be the next best thing.....well, he's good, but I don't think you tank for Jack Hugues in hindsight

Jack Hughes this year was much better though. Last year, I would have said that, but he was pretty solid this year. Quite a bit more productive than Laffy in less games and on a crappier team.

Yep....

You need to be bad to get a shot at higher picks , the rest is on the ping pong balls

Florida is going to lose players in the summer , we need ACL tears in the fall

You need to be bad to get a shot at higher picks , the rest is on the ping pong balls

Florida is going to lose players in the summer , we need ACL tears in the fall

Anderson might be able to net a mid 1st. He's 28, and the perfect time to flip him.

Is Anderson worth a 1st rounder? He's 28 years old.

Jack Hughes this year was much better though. Last year, I would have said that, but he was pretty solid this year. Quite a bit more productive than Laffy in less games and on a crappier team.

Jack is going to be a star , not elite but a front line C

Hope he doesnt become injury prone

Back