• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shane Wright

And it goes to prove it might take decades before you can say who was the best player of a draft year…..5 years post draft, people might have still picked Nolan over Jagr, 10 years post draft Jagr, 20 years postdraft you can argue Brodeur vs Jagr

Personally it’s Jagr all the way
So who was the best pick from legendary 2003 draft class looking back?

Bergeron? Pavelski? Burns? Getzlaf? Weber?

Perry, Staal, Parise, Carter etc looked like the ones to beat 5-years post draft..

Define "bust".

Bust relative to being the first overall pick, but kinda being underwhelmed by the pick? I think that's almost a guarantee.

Bust as in, Nail Yakukov level of player who can't even play in the NHL? I doubt it.

So who was the best pick from legendary 2003 draft class looking back?

Bergeron? Pavelski? Burns? Getzlaf? Weber?

Perry, Staal, Parise, Carter etc looked like the ones to beat 5-years post draft..
This will answer your question: of all these players, who would you pick to start your franchise?

My top 3, in no particular order, would probably be Bergeron, Staal, Getzlaf

Corey Perry is the only one to win a Hart however

Define "bust".

Bust relative to being the first overall pick, but kinda being underwhelmed by the pick? I think that's almost a guarantee.

Bust as in, Nail Yakukov level of player who can't even play in the NHL? I doubt it.
I hope HuGo don’t pick Wright if they feel the same as you: that Wright is almost guaranteed to be underwhelming as a 1OA.

If Wright ends up being a second line center that gets 20g/40a, is good but not great defensively, does that make him a bust?

Because that's more or less Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and if you were to re-do that draft, there's around 7 to 9 players that would get taken before him if the draft could be re-done.

So, with that taken in consideration, would that make him a disappointing pick at #1?

Just going over the 2011 draft, just in the top 10.

Landeskog #2
Huberdeau #3
Zibanejad #6 (arguable)
Schefele #7
Couturier #8
Hamilton #9 (arguable)

Those 6 would probably get picked before Nugent-Hopkins.

Later in the draft, there's Kucherov & Gaudreau who'd get taken before him,. That's about it, though.

If Wright ends up being a second line center that gets 20g/40a, is good but not great defensively, does that make him a bust?

Because that's more or less Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and if you were to re-do that draft, there's around 7 to 9 players that would get taken before him if the draft could be re-done.

So, with that taken in consideration, would that make him a disappointing pick at #1?

He should be 30g/45A

He has way better hands and shot than Suzuki , I dont see a bust at all

His draft hype is at the Lafraniere level but he is better IMO

He should be 30g/45A

He has way better hands and shot than Suzuki , I dont see a bust at all

His draft hype is at the Lafraniere level but he is better IMO
Define "bust".

Zero chance, hence bust, I’m expecting Patrik Stefan numbers - 15G + 25A

Yes. But we why do you think that’s what he’s almost guaranteed to become?

Of course they're doing their due diligence as they should.

It's quite impressive what he did at the WC against tougher competition than the Olympics. You can't say he caught lightning in a bottle now. He is that good.
Bust , Armia has more goals

Back