• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Shane Wright

I can see some moves but not involving the first 2 rounds

I dont think Hughes is patching , will stay the course on rebuilding

Maybe try and pry away some young talent like GGPX mentioned Comptois or other who may need a change of scenery

Nothing starts until the Price availability is settled

Petry is gone and Hughes will sit down with Gally to see what direction they go

I dont think Gally wants to be part of a rebuild
Bullshit. They're absolutely taking Wright #1... unless they are able to trade back and land another significant asset.
His “argument” is this: “I don’t think Wright is all that, so the Habs, who I haven’t worked for in over a decade, and even though HuGo have no idea who I am and and have never spoken to me, surely won’t draft him FOA.” Okay, Grant.

But if HuGo come to believe by July 7 that Cooley is the better pick, by all means.

Last edited:
McCagg wouldn't know what any NHL scouts are thinking. They don't talk to him. He's a nobody.

Interesting you say that. Even if he did, I would love to know from him whether the list he is about to produce is his own evaluation, or just an accumulation of discussions from scouts?

His latest rant from yesterday is alluding to exactly that (scouts don't all agree Wright is #1)

Not sure why he is taking this so personally. Sounds like an attention grabbing scheme.
He takes everything personally. He's the most unprofessional so-called "insider" there ever was. Someone did him a favor years and years ago and gave him a part time gig as an amateur scout. The gig lasted about 6 months if memory serves, and he's been on the outside looking in, trying to pretend he is relevant ever since. He managed to con a couple of actual media types, Brian Wilde and Tony Marinaro, who give him oxygen once in a while (although Marinaro usually winds up arguing with him because McCagg will start an argument with anyone for any reason) but for the most part he's laughed at by actual scouts. He started this Recruites thing as a paid website and all he does it bitch because no one wants to subscribe. We're all idiots because we refuse to give this guy money. I don't know what he actually does for money because he makes nothing from scouting. Probably on disability is my guess.

The only kind of scouting that actually pays real money is pro scouting. Amateur scouting is strictly a part time gig. A friend of mine used to know former 70's era Canuck Gerry O'Flaherty. He used to do some amateur scouting for the Habs back in the 90's but his day job was managing a Midas Muffler shop in Surrey, BC. I knew another guy in Vancouver who used to scout for the Pens but he was a retired guy who spent his days playing golf. McCagg is actually trying to earn a living off this shit and of course he is failing because no one will hire him and even if they did the money he'd make wouldn't be enough to pay his monthly internet bill. He's a loser and a know-nothing. He is the same loser who used to scream at me and the Count in all caps on an old Gazette message board 25 years ago.

Depends. Area / part-time scouts, like the ones you mentioned, get almost no money from it. Provincial scouts, like Donald Audette / Serge Boisvert for us, get a good salary. They're also working pretty much every single day during the winter, on the road and out of their cars.

Depends. Area / part-time scouts, like the ones you mentioned, get almost no money from it. Provincial scouts, like Donald Audette / Serge Boisvert for us, get a good salary. They're also working pretty much every single day during the winter, on the road and out of their cars.
Yeah that was never McCagg. In point of fact I have no evidence that he was actually, officially employed nor that he ever actually got paid for any work he did, if indeed he did anything. Whatever it was it didn't last long and he's not had a job since as far as anyone knows.

Yeah that was never McCagg. In point of fact I have no evidence that he was actually, officially employed nor that he ever actually got paid for any work he did, if indeed he did anything. Whatever it was it didn't last long and he's not had a job since as far as anyone knows.
He apparently did some work for the Habs under Gainey. Apparently.

Listen, if HuGo determine that Logan Cooley is the "better" pick, I'm cool, pardon the pun, with that too. But McCagg's "certainty" is f'ing annoying.

He takes everything personally. He's the most unprofessional so-called "insider" there ever was. Someone did him a favor years and years ago and gave him a part time gig as an amateur scout. The gig lasted about 6 months if memory serves, and he's been on the outside looking in, trying to pretend he is relevant ever since. He managed to con a couple of actual media types, Brian Wilde and Tony Marinaro, who give him oxygen once in a while (although Marinaro usually winds up arguing with him because McCagg will start an argument with anyone for any reason) but for the most part he's laughed at by actual scouts. He started this Recruites thing as a paid website and all he does it bitch because no one wants to subscribe. We're all idiots because we refuse to give this guy money. I don't know what he actually does for money because he makes nothing from scouting. Probably on disability is my guess.

The only kind of scouting that actually pays real money is pro scouting. Amateur scouting is strictly a part time gig. A friend of mine used to know former 70's era Canuck Gerry O'Flaherty. He used to do some amateur scouting for the Habs back in the 90's but his day job was managing a Midas Muffler shop in Surrey, BC. I knew another guy in Vancouver who used to scout for the Pens but he was a retired guy who spent his days playing golf. McCagg is actually trying to earn a living off this shit and of course he is failing because no one will hire him and even if they did the money he'd make wouldn't be enough to pay his monthly internet bill. He's a loser and a know-nothing. He is the same loser who used to scream at me and the Count in all caps on an old Gazette message board 25 years ago.
ah yes, the good old days when he said Jason Ward was a good choice over Marian Hossa

He apparently did some work for the Habs under Gainey. Apparently.

Listen, if HuGo determine that Logan Cooley is the "better" pick, I'm cool, pardon the pun, with that too. But McCagg's "certainty" is f'ing annoying.
It's not even close enough for them to possibly prefer Cooley. Wright is the consensus #1 by a good amount. He will be the #1 pick.

For those of you with a Twitter account, I urge you to follow this guy:

@MccaggHater

I don't know who this guy is, but he has made it his mission in life to discredit McCagg at every opportunity and I think that's just awesome.

@McCaggsahack or hag would have been better so since he didn't think of that I'll have to pass.

I chatted with a scout who thinks the Habs might move the pick

Buzz is 2 teams are pushing to land Wright

Back