• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Sinclair/Ballys/ESPN/TNT ... broadcasting access, tips and notes

Let’s make sure every sport and later every team is in a separate streaming service. Then put any playoffs on a different streaming service.

Let’s make sure every sport and later every team is in a separate streaming service. Then put any playoffs on a different streaming service.
That's the way we used to get the lower leagues in Euro soccer ... generally from the team's website. I used to get Celtic games through CelticTV and paid a pittance for a seasonal subscription that gave me everything but Champions League. Then the streaming services got involved and now I pay Paramount+ more for all the Scottish League games and still basically only watch Celtic.

And to watch all of them what subscriptions are needed?
You need an ESPN+ subscription for those games. The TNT game is basic cable, the ABC game is over the air.

The 10 games the Canes have are 7 fewer than the Avs, Oilers and Pens, 5 fewer than Chicago, Detroit, Wild and the Rangers, 4 fewer than the Bruins, Stars, Flyers and Vegas and 3 fewer than the Caps. Calgary, Montreal, Ottawa and Winnipeg have no games, Columbus has 1

View: https://x.com/puckreportnhl/status/1829240948112470048?s=61&t=ZT8KDHkGMyk7V3JAuh5_ag

Last edited:
You need an ESPN+ subscription for those games. The TNT game is basic cable, the ABC game is over the air.

The 10 games the Canes have are 7 fewer than the Avs, Oilers and Pens, 5 fewer than Chicago, Detroit, Wild and the Rangers, 4 fewer than the Bruins, Stars, Flyers and Vegas and 3 fewer than the Caps. Calgary, Montreal, Ottawa and Winnipeg have no games, Columbus has 1

View: https://x.com/puckreportnhl/status/1829240948112470048?s=61&t=ZT8KDHkGMyk7V3JAuh5_ag

Pens on 17 times…yikes, I get the Crosby love but that team for the most part is not good.

Every American team has at least one game... Obviously Vancouver took the four that were supposed to go to the Habs, Sens, Jets, and Flames.

There's a better distribution of national games than we've seen in the past but they're still sleeping on some truly watchable teams in favor of just putting as many Pens, Flyers, Rangers and Red Wings game on the schedule as humanly possible. The more things change, the more they stay the same. The NHL would rather cash in on a sure ratings thing than devote even a little effort into growing the sport.

So the Canes might be coming to Amazon Prime sooner rather than later. One of the articles on this thread noted that Amazon was investing in Diamond Sports. Apparantly, they pulled out of thst deal last month. But the article below says they’re in late-stage talks for a contract to livestream on Amazon Prime this coming season all the Bally Sports broadcasts.

PSA: If you have an AT&T tv product you can get a $20 price break due to their spat with Disney. You have to fill out a very short form. Of course, they could just credit your account without you having to do anything or even know about the offer but that would be to … what’s the word I’m looking for here? … sensible? easy? un-corporate-American?

So the Canes might be coming to Amazon Prime sooner rather than later. One of the articles on this thread noted that Amazon was investing in Diamond Sports. Apparantly, they pulled out of thst deal last month. But the article below says they’re in late-stage talks for a contract to livestream on Amazon Prime this coming season all the Bally Sports broadcasts.

The real interesting question to be answered if Amazon does take over for Ballys will be if existing Amazon Prime subscribers will get some relief on that $20 a month price tag. I already was paying $20 a month for Ballys to be added to my endless list of streaming services I subscribe too...and we do pay the $120 annual fee to Amazon to have use of the Prime video streaming options with our Prime membership. You would think there would be some sort of caveat to add this to your existing Amazon Prime subscription...even if it was a small price break off that $20 sticker price! Any chance that $20 a month gets you access to all the Diamond Sports channels that Amazon might take over instead of just one freaking channel that is filled with technical glitches and outages...

The real interesting question to be answered if Amazon does take over for Ballys will be if existing Amazon Prime subscribers will get some relief on that $20 a month price tag. I already was paying $20 a month for Ballys to be added to my endless list of streaming services I subscribe too...and we do pay the $120 annual fee to Amazon to have use of the Prime video streaming options with our Prime membership. You would think there would be some sort of caveat to add this to your existing Amazon Prime subscription...even if it was a small price break off that $20 sticker price! Any chance that $20 a month gets you access to all the Diamond Sports channels that Amazon might take over instead of just one freaking channel that is filled with technical glitches and outages...
It probably depends on how much of Bally's revenue is left in the product. If they've borrowed heavily against future streaming fees then there's not going to be enough cash coming in for Amazon to give existing customers a break. Like all things with this never ending nightmare, we'll just have to wait and see how it goes.

Back