• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

So who's the next (faux) GM?

They wouldn't have the balls to.

And good for her, really. From all indications, she seems to be universally loved.

Also, it doesn't look like Martin Madden Jr. is getting interviewed. Seems like Anaheim didn't give permission, possibly to name him as GM for Anaheim.

Also, it doesn't look like Martin Madden Jr. is getting interviewed. Seems like Anaheim didn't give permission, possibly to name him as GM for Anaheim.
They (Larry Brooks) were saying this morning on WFAN, that Madden Jr isn’t on the list of 50-names put together by Niedermeyer & Kariya for the Ana GM, Darche apparently is

Who knows..

Chantal is universally loved because in 32 years on RDS she has never once expressed a personal opinion. She has reported the news, she has moderated panels where the Habs are discussed and she has interviewed people. She has never editorialized. She has never broken a story. She has merely read press releases. And let's face it: as someone employed by RDS to cover the Habs, she's basically been an unofficial Habs employee. If the Habs front office had ever had a problem with her she would have been removed from the RDS broadcasts.

Media outlets which have contracts to broadcast a team's games have to supply on air talent who are meet with the approval of the team's management. In many cases, the guys who do play by play are actually paid by the team and not the TV or radio station on which the games are broadcast. So for Machabee, this isn't a big step. The only difference is that now, instead of merely parroting the press releases of the Habs, she will be the one writing those press releases for other reporters to parrot. She is now the Habs' "Iraqi Minister of Information" and I am not expecting much more clarity or transparency from the club simply because they've hired a new media flak. The job of a communications director is about deflection, not about providing information. It's about communicating only what management wants you to know and hiding everything they don't want you to know.

Pay him big bucks to run Scouting and development .
Like Jim Nill all those years w Wings, from all reports I simply don’t think Madden Jr wants the hassle of being anywhere else or doing anything other than being a scout.

Makes sense , comfort zone
Madden Jr lives in Qc and has been during his entire Ana tenure as head scout - he’s fully aware of the craziness associated with being a hockey ops employee of the Habs.

I’m sure Ducks would have given permission, it’s Madden Jr who likely said thanks but no thanks…

Madden Jr lives in Qc and has been during his entire Ana tenure as head scout - he’s fully aware of the craziness associated with being a hockey ops employee of the Habs.

I’m sure Ducks would have given permission, it’s Madden Jr who likely said thanks but no thanks…
If you chose to live in Quebec over Orange County, CA then you can’t be that smart to begin with.

Back