• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

So who's the next (faux) GM?

Brad Richards and Briere would be good adds. Honestly so refreshing we FINALLY said fuck it and went with the best available in Gorton and looking like not going to the old toy carousel of the same older former Canadiens players and “analysts”. The game has passed all of them by. Let them yap on TV and keep em out of the front office.

FWIW, according to Mathias Brunet, the two GM candidates are Quintal and agent Kent Hughes. Hmm.
Brunet’s opinion as he says, not based on any inside info.

IMO, it’ll be one of Briere or Castonguay unless Molson flexes his ownership muscle for his close friend Darche

So Gorton is not ready to tell fans we have to rebuild. Also, just hope we don't get a virtue hire for GM either. We need someone who can talk to other GMs and who has experience negotiating and working building up a roster with young players. Just seems like Darche, even though he's not that experienced might be the best suited. No matter what, we aren't hiring the best because of the bilingual thing, I just hope fans understand that.

So Gorton is not ready to tell fans we have to rebuild. Also, just hope we don't get a virtue hire for GM either. We need someone who can talk to other GMs and who has experience negotiating and working building up a roster with young players. Just seems like Darche, even though he's not that experienced might be the best suited. No matter what, we aren't hiring the best because of the bilingual thing, I just hope fans understand that.
You’re next GM…

1638577373959.jpeg

Ok, how many 30+M deals has she done? Can't find much about her. Also, what's her background in trading for high end prospects and working with a team that's rebuilding?
Dude she’s going to start off by using her playing background in NCAA division I, formal finance + legal education for contracts and leverage her contacts gained as an agent - including inside info into up & coming Hockey Quebec talent & media relations.

Initially leveraging Gorton’s extensive hockey ops knowledge bank, and cultivating knowledge in other areas over time.

In 5-years time should be cultivated into taking over EVP Hockey Ops, depending on performance

What had David Dombrowski done before being handed the Expos GM gig by Charlie Bronfman? Much less…

Here’s some background on qualifications:

Last edited:
Dude she’s going to start off by using her playing background in NCAA division I, formal finance + legal education for contracts and leverage her contacts gained as an agent - including inside info into up & coming Hockey Quebec talent & media relations.

Initially leveraging Gorton’s extensive hockey ops knowledge bank, and cultivating knowledge in other areas over time.

In 5-years time should be cultivated into taking over EVP Hockey Ops, depending on performance

What had David Dombrowski done before being handed the Expos GM gig by Charlie Bronfman? Much less…

Ok, so she hasn't done anything, so I am not sure why you think she's qualified for the position exactly? Darche at least has been with Tampa, sorry but anyone can be groomed if that's the case. Gorton said they will be there to network with other GMs, and you think she can do that well and work on seeing players that are available for trades? We need a shark. I haven't heard her speak, but does she speak english perfect since every other GM pretty much only speaks english? I think it will end up being Darche just because of the experience and a McGill grad.

Ok, so she hasn't done anything, so I am not sure why you think she's qualified for the position exactly? Darche at least has been with Tampa, sorry but anyone can be groomed if that's the case. Gorton said they will be there to network with other GMs, and you think she can do that well and work on seeing players that are available for trades? We need a shark. I haven't heard her speak, but does she speak english perfect since every other GM pretty much only speaks english? I think it will end up being Darche just because of the experience and a McGill grad.
Dude Gorton is the GM only w a different title for the foreseeable future…what are you missing

Dude Gorton is the GM only w a different title for the foreseeable future…what are you missing

So we can still fit the role with the best no? That doesn't change anything for what I said. Gorton also said some things he was looking for at the presser today. My vote will still be darche, regardless if Gorton is the GM. It doesn't mean we just need to hire a random to fill the title, we can still put people who have some experience working with an NHL team, n'est ce pas?

So we can still fit the role with the best no? That doesn't change anything for what I said. Gorton also said some things he was looking for at the presser today. My vote will still be darche, regardless if Gorton is the GM. It doesn't mean we just need to hire a random to fill the title, we can still put people who have some experience working with an NHL team, n'est ce pas?
Key takeaways from Molson + Gorton PC:
- Diversity
- out of the box hire who can complement Gorton’s skill set

Trying to triangulate based on above it’ll be Briere, Castonguay or Darche.

Both Molson & Gorton know the former two well

Molson apparently has a close relationship w Darche.

Apparently Gorton doesn’t care much for media relations & contracts preferring hockey ops strategy & team building

BTW - which $30M deal has Darche negotiated? What deal has he ever negotiated?

Last edited:
I don’t think the faux GM will be named until February or March, after Gorton has done most of the heavy lifting before the trade deadline.
I expect Emilie Castonguay will be named after the New Year. BTW - she’s been camped out in NY looking after Lafreniere

Last edited:
Back