• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

So who's the next (faux) GM?

Only clean/safe part of the whole city. West Island is the best.
I lived on Hutchison just off Sherbrooke east of McGill in the late eighties. That area, and according to locals and from what I saw, pretty much the whole city was amazingly safe. And that was my perspective- a guy who came there from a part of the country where doors were not locked (NL). Has the city changed that much re safety?

I lived on Hutchison just off Sherbrooke east of McGill in the late eighties. That area, and according to locals and from what I saw, pretty much the whole city was amazingly safe. And that was my perspective- a guy who came there from a part of the country where doors were not locked (NL). Has the city changed that much re safety?

Well, Montreal north is no bueno lol, and the east end has some sketchy areas. Downtown is deserted, our current mayor made everything 1 way and bike paths, so everyone is leaving the downtown core. Retail has been decimated. So, pretty much about 1/3 of the people who I knew that lived in the city (english) have moved to the west island. Listen, Montreal still hasn't turned into a shthole like those other democrat run cities like LA/SAN FRAN/NYC/Chitown so we're still miles ahead of major US cities, but for how long, who knows.

Well, Montreal north is no bueno lol, and the east end has some sketchy areas. Downtown is deserted, our current mayor made everything 1 way and bike paths, so everyone is leaving the downtown core. Retail has been decimated. So, pretty much about 1/3 of the people who I knew that lived in the city (english) have moved to the west island. Listen, Montreal still hasn't turned into a shthole like those other democrat run cities like LA/SAN FRAN/NYC/Chitown so we're still miles ahead of major US cities, but for how long, who knows.
Yeah, I guess parts of the north and east were sketchy then too, but it didn't seem to travel far and downtown and most areas felt good. People were leaving then too, as companies pulled out, the economy wasn't great. But as for general safety, no complaints.

Yeah, I guess parts of the north and east were sketchy then too, but it didn't seem to travel far and downtown and most areas felt good. People were leaving then too, as companies pulled out, the economy wasn't great. But as for general safety, no complaints
It feels like this year we've had a lot more shootings/stabbings than many previous. The bad areas in montreal are not as bad as the bad parts in a lot of other urban centers. But the provincial government the other day announced an extra 52m to fight rising violence in Montreal. The mayor promised an extra 250 officers but now she's backtracking on it and it's just retiring officers that are being replaced.

Agent wise it would be Hughes. Can't imagine we are woke enough to name a woman as GM (maybe somewhere in the hockey dept, but not as GM).

For me the more interesting hire is the scouting director (probably Daniel Dore).

Agent wise it would be Hughes. Can't imagine we are woke enough to name a woman as GM (maybe somewhere in the hockey dept, but not as GM).

For me the more interesting hire is the scouting director (probably Daniel Dore).
The woman who is the Florida Marlins GM was an AGM for over a decade, with two different teams.

This is new. I didn't think this organization would be recycling the Anglos that speak French too.

Bob Gainey will help in the search to find a new GM.

NDG represent!

You mean those US cities with the highest real estate values? Yeah you're right. Why live in "shitholes" like San Francisco or Chicago when you can live unvaxxed and unmasked (unless it's a Klan hood) in Chatanooga, Mobile or Tallahassee?

I just wonder why Waste Islanders don't just move to Ontario and get it over with. They're 3/4 of the way there already. Just rename it Scarborough East. Aside from the lakeshore it's nothing but a post-apocalyptic suburban hellscape of strip malls, big box stores and industrial parks devoid of anything resembling a soul.

It feels like this year we've had a lot more shootings/stabbings than many previous. The bad areas in montreal are not as bad as the bad parts in a lot of other urban centers. But the provincial government the other day announced an extra 52m to fight rising violence in Montreal. The mayor promised an extra 250 officers but now she's backtracking on it and it's just retiring officers that are being replaced.
East Hastings Street in Vancouver is the poorest neighborhood in Canada and by far sketchier than anyplace else in this country and certainly anyplace in Montreal.

That said, it's still safer to walk down the street than in most US inner cities.

This is new. I didn't think this organization would be recycling the Anglos that speak French too.

Bob Gainey will help in the search to find a new GM.

i am good with this

seems smart to have someone that understands the market and the french language impacts be part of the convo

You mean those US cities with the highest real estate values? Yeah you're right. Why live in "shitholes" like San Francisco or Chicago when you can live unvaxxed and unmasked (unless it's a Klan hood) in Chatanooga, Mobile or Tallahassee?

I just wonder why Waste Islanders don't just move to Ontario and get it over with. They're 3/4 of the way there already. Just rename it Scarborough East. Aside from the lakeshore it's nothing but a post-apocalyptic suburban hellscape of strip malls, big box stores and industrial parks devoid of anything resembling a soul.
Your jokes are stale. We’re not kids.

Ha! You say that, but you and I both know that merely being able to speak French isnt going to satisfy the francophone media jackals. It doesn't count unless he's a "ti-gars de chez nous". Some bilingual Anglo from Beaconsfield won't satisfy them.

And I LOVE that. Let their heads explode.
Don't remember much backlash for Gainey, of course he is an Habs legend.

Back