• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

So who's the next (faux) GM?

Don't remember much backlash for Gainey, of course he is an Habs legend.
There was fury when Gainey’s first move as GM prior to the 2003 draft was to ban all media except those doing play-by-play on team flights.

The dynamic duo of Reggie and Bert in particular were furious and wrote scathing articles.

It’s why I think Gainey is also part of this advisory panel, this is all part of Molson’s F-U media tour

Side note, didn’t the team create the “Gritty award” last year and had Gainey speak to the players prior to start of playoffs? Wheels seem to have been in motion for a while now to integrate Bob back within the org…

There was fury when Gainey’s first move as GM prior to the 2003 draft was to ban all media except those doing play-by-play on team flights.

The dynamic duo of Reggie and Bert in particular were furious and wrote scathing articles.

It’s why I think Gainey is also part of this advisory panel, this is all part of Molson’s F-U media tour

Side note, didn’t the team create the “Gritty award” last year and had Gainey speak to the players prior to start of playoffs? Wheels seem to have been in motion for a while now to integrate Bob back within the org…
Another consultant doesn’t hurt if you can diffuse information correctly and make your own decision.

Then you’re no better than those you complain about. Never understood the need for such animosity, yes I’m aware of the history.
I lived on the West Island when I was a kid. It's typical suburbia as is Scarborough, which I also lived in as a kid. Indistinguishable from one another except for a larger number of Leafs fans in the latter. All suburbs no matter where are inevitably bleak, soulless hellscapes.

What better group to conduct the search for our pretend GM than a pretend search committee?

Jebus, the things you have to do to appease the francophone media in that town. And the joke of it all is that the francophone media figured out the ruse 2 seconds after Molson's lips began to move. If Geoff wasn't such a coward he'd just tell them to deal with it.

I still think it’ll be Danny Briere. The one issue with him is his refusal to sign here as a UFA in 2007 and how he would explain that to UFA’s who might consider coming here.

I still think it’ll be Danny Briere. The one issue with him is his refusal to sign here as a UFA in 2007 and how he would explain that to UFA’s who might consider coming here.
I also think Danny...

And 2007 is 15 years ago....money talks, nobody cares about 15 years ago

who's the front runner for Flyers' job ? Tocchet ?

I also think Danny...

And 2007 is 15 years ago....money talks, nobody cares about 15 years ago

who's the front runner for Flyers' job ? Tocchet ?
I don’t think it’ll be Tocchet but who knows? This is probably Legacy GM’s last bullet.

Most players today don't even know who Briere is or that he was even a player. And they sure as hell wouldn't remember him snubbing the Habs in 2007. Even most Habs fans don't remember that.

And it's actually debatable that it was a snub. The Habs offered him more on paper than the Flyers but when the exchange rate and taxes are taken into account Briere actually pocketed more money by going to Philly than he would have had he signed in Montreal, about $1 million more, if memory serves. The shit they allow rich people to write off of their taxes in the US is both absurd and insane.

Most players today don't even know who Briere is or that he was even a player. And they sure as hell wouldn't remember him snubbing the Habs in 2007. Even most Habs fans don't remember that.

And it's actually debatable that it was a snub. The Habs offered him more on paper than the Flyers but when the exchange rate and taxes are taken into account Briere actually pocketed more money by going to Philly than he would have had he signed in Montreal, about $1 million more, if memory serves. The shit they allow rich people to write off of their taxes in the US is both absurd and insane.
But their agents do.

I was being charitable. Briere probably told his agent to do whatever it took to find someplace else to land besides Montreal.

Florence Schelling pro hockeys first female GM of SC Bern in the Swiss league and former Northeastern standout is apparently another candidate for Habs

Last edited:
Back