• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

So who's the next (faux) GM?

- Certains agents affirment même que le poste a déjà été offert à Kent Hughes...

- Et que ce dernier veut prendre les fêtes pour y penser...

- Certains agents affirment même que le poste a déjà été offert à Kent Hughes...

- Et que ce dernier veut prendre les fêtes pour y penser...
I believe none of it. There wouldn't have gone through the trouble of setting up a committee, leaking a candidate list in which they've gone out of their way to mention it would involve at least 3 women, paving the way for a lengthy and thorough search, if they already had their man.

I believe none of it. There wouldn't have gone through the trouble of setting up a committee, leaking a candidate list in which they've gone out of their way to mention it would involve at least 3 women, paving the way for a lengthy and thorough search, if they already had their man.
I said the day Gorton was hired that the GM "search" was just performance art. And if Hughes is chosen as the puppet GM one of the 3 women will get offered an AGM position.

Please, don’t be so naive.

Optics.

Believe it or not I knew Kent Hughes decades ago. I was reminded of who he was as a kid by a buddy that knows him well.

Yes I also lived in Beaconsfield and right by lakeshore so fuck you We Have. :p

His French is horrible btw. He can get by but unless he improved, this will be funny.

I said the day Gorton was hired that the GM "search" was just performance art. And if Hughes is chosen as the puppet GM one of the 3 women will get offered an AGM position.
Yeah. Gorton is good friends with Hughes and that might have been a package deal. We'll see.

I think he brings in Hughes but in another capacity and yes, likely Briere or Darche with Briere the French front runner.

Briere or Darche are exactly what they need

Young , NHL experience learning the ropes of management

Not fossil retreads looking at 1 last payday , and more importantly they can grow with the team

Briere or Darche are exactly what they need

Young , NHL experience learning the ropes of management

Not fossil retreads looking at 1 last payday , and more importantly they can grow with the team
Please, it's Gorton's ship to steer now. This is all Kabuki Theater.

I tend to agree. I’m not saying they will hire a woman (the leak itself paid some much needed pr dividends) but I don’t think Hughes is their man. Don’t need a committee if you plan to give the job to your buddy

Please, it's Gorton's ship to steer now. This is all Kabuki Theater.
Yeah. I don’t expect a new GM until after the trade deadline. Gorton is likely getting paid well north of $5 million per year to come here so it’s not just to be an advisor or consultant.

I tend to agree. I’m not saying they will hire a woman (the leak itself paid some much needed pr dividends) but I don’t think Hughes is their man. Don’t need a committee if you plan to give the job to your buddy
Come on man, you worked in media, if you're planning on picking an unpopular pick you go through the motions making it appear that after an exhaustive search they decided Hughes was the best candidate. It's been done many times before.

That being said, I think when Molson hears Hughes speak French he will decide otherwise

Come on man, you worked in media, if you're planning on picking an unpopular pick you go through the motions making it appear that after an exhaustive search they decided Hughes was the best candidate. It's been done many times before.

That being said, I think when Molson hears Hughes speak French he will decide otherwise

How is your French , but you cant afford the pay cut

Back