• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Tank Nation Thread

Interested in what we’d get for Calgary pick, and #33.

Edit: yah, would be nice if Calgary bombed in first round.

calling it now
cooley is a a bust
USA had at least 10 players rated in the lottery the last few years , Cooley is probably the least talked about for a high lottery pick

CC, Boldy, Zegras , Knight etc... all had legit top line potential in discussions

Has anyone seen him play ?

USA had at least 10 players rated in the lottery the last few years , Cooley is probably the least talked about for a high lottery pick

CC, Boldy, Zegras , Knight etc... all had legit top line potential in discussions

Has anyone seen him play ?

Boisvert says,

-Good progression this year, consistent player.
-His best assets are his skating & hockey sense. Superb vision, great control of the puck, not scared of going to the dirty areas, good in all phases of the game.
-Doesn't think he has any "faults" to his game, but doesn't think he's elite in any way. Short of having off the ice issues or an injury derailing his career, he'd be very surprised if he doesn't have a long career in the league.

Thinks he's the most spectacular player in the draft, doesn't think he's a #1 on a contender, but probably a #2 on a contender.

*One last edit: He also has Cooley and Geekie ranked above Wright.

Last edited:
above wright eh
oh snap - that is interesting - is that more because wright sucks or cooley is good?

Boisvert says,

-Good progression this year, consistent player.
-His best assets are his skating & hockey sense. Superb vision, great control of the puck, not scared of going to the dirty areas, good in all phases of the game.
-Doesn't think he has any "faults" to his game, but doesn't think he's elite in any way. Short of having off the ice issues or an injury derailing his career, he'd be very surprised if he doesn't have a long career in the league.

Thinks he's the most spectacular player in the draft, doesn't think he's a #1 on a contender, but probably a #2 on a contender.

*One last edit: He also has Cooley and Geekie ranked above Wright.

I dont get the Geekie luv

above wright eh
oh snap - that is interesting - is that more because wright sucks or cooley is good?
Simon Boisvert's an upside guy. Thinks Wright is a safe player that isn't going to be the best player in this draft.

Boisvert's reasoning with Geekie goes as follows: Thinks he'll be a monster center, a tough player to play against, will put up points...

...if Geekie can fix his skating. If doesn't fix his skating, probably won't be a great player. But if he does, watch out.

Boisvert's reasoning with Geekie goes as follows: Thinks he'll be a monster center, a tough player to play against, will put up points...

...if Geekie can fix his skating. If doesn't fix his skating, probably won't be a great player. But if he does, watch out.
18 is old to be “fixing” your skating. No way do I take that chance.

Simon Boisvert's an upside guy. Thinks Wright is a safe player that isn't going to be the best player in this draft.

Wright might not be the best player 5 years from now , but Habs have to take him at 1 if we win the lottery

I like Nemec as the top dog

18 is old to be “fixing” your skating. No way do I take that chance.

Getzlaf couldnt skate for shit for 15 years but had elite vision and IQ

His WHL production isnt far off from Geekie

I dont see high end production , maybe a Dubois ceiling

Point was one of the few rookies to greatly improve his skating from junior , but its rare .

Getzlaf couldnt skate for shit for 15 years but had elite vision and IQ

His WHL production isnt far off from Geekie

I dont see high end production , maybe a Dubois ceiling

Point was one of the few rookies to greatly improve his skating from junior , but its rare .
The exceptions that prove the rule. Thank you.

Back